1. Get Gear'd Up! Enter to WIN $1000 in gear!

Please Click Here for full details and to enter. You will need to be registered and logged in to view the details and to participate.

Thanks and good luck to everyone

What every man needs to know about colonoscopies

Discussion in 'The Pump House Saloon' started by Insulation Tim, Dec 14, 2011.

1. herohog

herohog New Member

The VA did my last. I never felt/knew a thing! Other than the "prep" issues, it was NOTHING but a nap!
  2. Double Deuce

Double Deuce New Member

I love dave barry, that was a good morning laugh.
  3. Capt Mac Turk

Capt Mac Turk New Member

So Fla-- NO place to Shoot AKA "TFF" Posting Clo
    This last time in the hospital about 2 weeks ago I had my first one.

I AGREE the Golightly tastes like **** Well whats comming out!

I DID drink the hole Gallon YUCK

Then in the "Room I look over & theres the "Snake" its got 1 ince markings on it up to 36" I was like OOOOOOOOOOOOOOO Crap

They hit me through my "IV" with the stuff & I remember they were saying I looked like Santa with my beard I said I DO play Santa 4 the Boys & girls club by my house (I Start today at 5 pm)
    Well about that time I was on my way passing out I looked Up & said
    HO HO HO here we GO & laughing ensued.
    Next thing I knew I was out in the lobbie I was DONE

I NEVER felt a thing! (Thank Goodness) its the stuff you gotta Drink & the Hype that scares MOST people (IT DID ME)

I ended up with several polops that were carterized & my Butt hurt
    later that night a nurse asked me how I felt & I told her she said hold on I'll be right back & came back in with a tube of stuff & proceeded to pull gloves on:D
    I was like whats this? she said roll over LOL at 54 I have this young chick smearing white cream on my ***Hole (I was so Imbarresed) she told me it was something they had to do so when My wife was there & she walked in
    I said she smeared my butt last night hunny YOU need to do it when I go home :D (THAT NEVER HAPPENED) she said I love ya Mac but THAT I AI'NT DO'IN! :D

I found it easyer to smear it on the paper then wipe if you do get the flaming Butthole.

THE worse is the stuff you gotta drink & your friends busting your stones!

Capt. Mac
  4. Brisk44

Brisk44 New Member

Ah to boldly go where no man has gone before.:D:D:D:D:D
  5. herohog

herohog New Member

Guys, my 1st one I was mostly awake for. Watched it on the screen as it worked it's way up the ol' pipe. It was slightly uncomfortable but nothing to get bent out of shape over! It hurts worse getting out of bed every morning guys. It is nothing to fear.
  6. raven818

raven818 Well-Known Member Supporting Member

I was told the med would be comparable to the twilight zone. No, it was lights out. I'm a teetotaler, not because I have an issue with alcohol, it's just, I'm a cheap date.
  7. BandtChsr

BandtChsr New Member

ROFLMAO.... Now that I am able to wipe the tears from my eyes....LOL ... As I was still laying on the table just after my (roto-rooter job) the nurse puts her hand on my shoulder from behind and says. I just wanted to let you know we place two small dots down there, so didn't worry if you see something there. I slowly turned my head toward her and said.... Just how limber do you think I am, to be able to see those.... Doc cracked up, Nurse smiles and said, we had an old farmer in here last week... He called back and was mad as hell, he thought we tattooed him......LOL
  8. Dutchboy

Dutchboy Member

Thanks for posting. I laughed till I cried.

But seriously, for all you procrastinators our there. . . . get your colonoscopy done. Don't put it off!

After much resistance, I had my first one done in my early 40's, and it saved me from getting colon cancer. If you wait too long, colon cancer is a death sentence. If you catch those polyps in time, it's no big deal. You get to live long and laugh at colonoscopy stories.
  9. Deputy Dawg

Deputy Dawg Active Member

I feel your pain. I had one done about 6 years ago and swore that it would be the first And last time. Now here i go again I am having to have another one in two weeks.
  10. HunterAlpha1

HunterAlpha1 Former Guest

once you go tube you never go back!:eek::D:devilish::na-na::lmao::lmao2:
  11. Petergunn

Petergunn Member

+1 I'm only 52 but I've got #3 scheduled for Monday because the first two I had polyps
  12. Buckshot

Buckshot Active Member

Those of you who keep putting it off, consider this. In 1998 there started a big increase in precautionary colonoscopies, after Katie Couric had one on national television after the much publicized death of her husband, Jay Monahan, of colon cancer. I always thought it was interesting that the bottom line was that suddenly EVERYONE was encouraged to have one at age 50. Especially interesting considering that her husband died at 42!
  13. Buckshot

Buckshot Active Member

Hey guys, didn't want to hijack this thread, so be sure to check out, "The Joy of Colonoscopies, Part II" here in the Pumphouse.

:D