What every man needs to know about colonoscopies

Discussion in 'The Pump House Saloon' started by Insulation Tim, Dec 14, 2011.

1. raven818

raven818 Well-Known Member Supporting Member

I was told the med would be comparable to the twilight zone. No, it was lights out. I'm a teetotaler, not because I have an issue with alcohol, it's just, I'm a cheap date.
  2. BandtChsr

BandtChsr New Member

ROFLMAO.... Now that I am able to wipe the tears from my eyes....LOL ... As I was still laying on the table just after my (roto-rooter job) the nurse puts her hand on my shoulder from behind and says. I just wanted to let you know we place two small dots down there, so didn't worry if you see something there. I slowly turned my head toward her and said.... Just how limber do you think I am, to be able to see those.... Doc cracked up, Nurse smiles and said, we had an old farmer in here last week... He called back and was mad as hell, he thought we tattooed him......LOL
  3. Dutchboy

Dutchboy New Member

Thanks for posting. I laughed till I cried.

But seriously, for all you procrastinators our there. . . . get your colonoscopy done. Don't put it off!

After much resistance, I had my first one done in my early 40's, and it saved me from getting colon cancer. If you wait too long, colon cancer is a death sentence. If you catch those polyps in time, it's no big deal. You get to live long and laugh at colonoscopy stories.
  4. Deputy Dawg

Deputy Dawg Active Member

I feel your pain. I had one done about 6 years ago and swore that it would be the first And last time. Now here i go again I am having to have another one in two weeks.
  5. HunterAlpha1

HunterAlpha1 Former Guest

once you go tube you never go back!:eek::D:devilish::na-na::lmao::lmao2:
  6. Petergunn

Petergunn Member

+1 I'm only 52 but I've got #3 scheduled for Monday because the first two I had polyps
  7. Buckshot

Buckshot Active Member

Those of you who keep putting it off, consider this. In 1998 there started a big increase in precautionary colonoscopies, after Katie Couric had one on national television after the much publicized death of her husband, Jay Monahan, of colon cancer. I always thought it was interesting that the bottom line was that suddenly EVERYONE was encouraged to have one at age 50. Especially interesting considering that her husband died at 42!
  8. Buckshot

Buckshot Active Member

Hey guys, didn't want to hijack this thread, so be sure to check out, "The Joy of Colonoscopies, Part II" here in the Pumphouse.

:D