What gun(s) do you carry and what's it loaded with

Discussion in 'Self Defense Tactics & Weapons' started by Guest, Feb 23, 2003.

1. SouthernMoss

SouthernMoss *Admin Tech Staff*

Now Pistolsmith, I don't think he meant his comment the way you are interpreting it. ;) Maybe if he had said "it's hard for a leopard to change his spots".... ? :)
  2. ruffitt

ruffitt *TFF Admin Staff* In Heaven Now

Gentlemen, Gentlemen, - ( Pistolsmith and C&R AMMO)

You are both to be commended for the professional manner and ethics displayed during your debate on the aspects of the frangible bullet. You have both stated the convictions of your position in a clear, concise and gentlemanly manner. It is discussions conducted in this manner that make (or will make) The FirearmsForum THE best forum on the internet.

Pistolsmith, your request to C&R Ammo to continue the discussion via email is honorable; however is prejudicial to those of us who are following this thread in quest of further information.

It is hoped that you will continue your discussion here on the forum, with an open eye to forum decorum.

Thank you for your participation
  3. ACC

ACC New Member

Thank you SouthernMoss, I will contact him via his E-mail and explain to him what i meant. I do not want to take any more space up in this excellent forum to banter back and forth about opinions on ammunition.
  4. Xracer

Xracer *TFF Admin Staff Mediator*

Well....thank you guys for a most enlightening discussion, and for both of your well stated and intelligent opposing points of view.

Now....if only somebody would invent a bullet that goes exactly where I'm sure I aimed it....... :D
  5. Shooter45

Shooter45 *Administrator* Staff Member

Pistolsmith / C&R Ammo,

Great discussion so keep it going. I think we are learning alot, I know I am.

My gunsmith works for DOE so I'm sure I'll end up with a few of these bullets to test in my 1911.
  6. Smokin Guns

Smokin Guns New Member

Yep I'm with ya Xracer!!!...;)
  7. JohnK3

JohnK3 New Member

CZ75BD with Hogue Grips, loaded with 9mm +P 115gr. CorBon JHP.
  8. JimD

JimD New Member

I carry a Para-Ordanance LDA Ltd .45 loaded with PMC Green Frangible Ammunition.

No Offense, CandRammo, but having shot many types of frangible out there, PMC has the best in my opinion. A Non-Jacketed copper/poly round with Non-Toxic Primers. Also, the most accurate I have shot by far!! (<1inch at 25 yds.) Yours in particular didn't make the top 5....

You can get more onfo at http://www.pmcgreen.com

And no, I do not work for PMC.
  9. ACC

ACC New Member

jimd
    are you sure you don't?I'm curious,what other brands did you shoot?
  10. JimD

JimD New Member

I have had the opportunity to shoot all frangible ammunition(s) that were used in the DOE/FLETC Contract Bidding Process. Since your company was one of the entrants, you have access to this information.

I find it interesting that you instantly insinuate that I would work for the company whose ammunition I chose as a personal favorite...Does this logic apply to everyone who posts here?

This thread title simply asked "What gun(s) do you carry and what is it loaded with", to which I posted my answer.
  11. ACC

ACC New Member

JimD:
    I do not have to look at the DOE contracts,I know where I placed in them.Sorry if you think i was insinuating that you worked for PMC. I just asked, for the last 3 posts you put up you talk about PMC "green" and how it was better than any other frangible out there. I mean I think that my frangible is better than anyone's "like" product out there today,but i own the company,so I guess that gives me the right to:)Do you see now,how I might insinuate the fact that you may be working for them?I apologise if I have offended you:)I think you and i could have a very good interesting conversation about frangible ammo,you seem well schooled. Give me a call on the LL,we will talk:)
  12. JimD

JimD New Member

On my next trip to your area, we'll do lunch. Would love to talk more. I am neither insulted nor offended. If you read my other post, you might assume that I work for DOE :)
  13. Mongo Slade

Mongo Slade New Member

Glock 26 with Federal Hydra Shoks or Corbon!
  14. Pharley

Pharley New Member

Makarovs.....95gr Hornady XTP HPs
    Glock 22/27.....180gr Speer Gold Dots
    S&W model 66.....158gr Federal Hydrashoks
  15. 147 Grain

147 Grain New Member

My 5 semi-autos are stoked with:

9mm = Double Tap 147-gr. +P Gold Dots and Ranger T 147-gr. (RA9T)
    45 ACP = Double Tap 230-gr. +P Gold Dots and Ranger T 230-gr. +P (RA45TP)

My 2 revolvers are loaded with:

38 Special Lady Smith 3" = Speer 135-gr. +P SB Gold Dots or Federal 158-gr. +P LSWCHP's

Ruger Security Six 4" = Winchester 357 Mag 145-gr. Silvertips or 38 Special Federal 158-gr. +P LSWCHP's