What gun(s) do you carry and what's it loaded with

Discussion in 'Self Defense Tactics & Weapons' started by Guest, Feb 23, 2003.

1. Smokin Guns

Smokin Guns New Member

Yep I'm with ya Xracer!!!...;)
  2. JohnK3

JohnK3 New Member

CZ75BD with Hogue Grips, loaded with 9mm +P 115gr. CorBon JHP.
  3. JimD

JimD New Member

I carry a Para-Ordanance LDA Ltd .45 loaded with PMC Green Frangible Ammunition.

No Offense, CandRammo, but having shot many types of frangible out there, PMC has the best in my opinion. A Non-Jacketed copper/poly round with Non-Toxic Primers. Also, the most accurate I have shot by far!! (<1inch at 25 yds.) Yours in particular didn't make the top 5....

You can get more onfo at http://www.pmcgreen.com

And no, I do not work for PMC.
  4. ACC

ACC New Member

jimd
    are you sure you don't?I'm curious,what other brands did you shoot?
  5. JimD

JimD New Member

I have had the opportunity to shoot all frangible ammunition(s) that were used in the DOE/FLETC Contract Bidding Process. Since your company was one of the entrants, you have access to this information.

I find it interesting that you instantly insinuate that I would work for the company whose ammunition I chose as a personal favorite...Does this logic apply to everyone who posts here?

This thread title simply asked "What gun(s) do you carry and what is it loaded with", to which I posted my answer.
  6. ACC

ACC New Member

JimD:
    I do not have to look at the DOE contracts,I know where I placed in them.Sorry if you think i was insinuating that you worked for PMC. I just asked, for the last 3 posts you put up you talk about PMC "green" and how it was better than any other frangible out there. I mean I think that my frangible is better than anyone's "like" product out there today,but i own the company,so I guess that gives me the right to:)Do you see now,how I might insinuate the fact that you may be working for them?I apologise if I have offended you:)I think you and i could have a very good interesting conversation about frangible ammo,you seem well schooled. Give me a call on the LL,we will talk:)
  7. JimD

JimD New Member

On my next trip to your area, we'll do lunch. Would love to talk more. I am neither insulted nor offended. If you read my other post, you might assume that I work for DOE :)
  8. Mongo Slade

Mongo Slade New Member

Glock 26 with Federal Hydra Shoks or Corbon!
  9. Pharley

Pharley New Member

Makarovs.....95gr Hornady XTP HPs
    Glock 22/27.....180gr Speer Gold Dots
    S&W model 66.....158gr Federal Hydrashoks
  10. 147 Grain

147 Grain New Member

My 5 semi-autos are stoked with:

9mm = Double Tap 147-gr. +P Gold Dots and Ranger T 147-gr. (RA9T)
    45 ACP = Double Tap 230-gr. +P Gold Dots and Ranger T 230-gr. +P (RA45TP)

My 2 revolvers are loaded with:

38 Special Lady Smith 3" = Speer 135-gr. +P SB Gold Dots or Federal 158-gr. +P LSWCHP's

Ruger Security Six 4" = Winchester 357 Mag 145-gr. Silvertips or 38 Special Federal 158-gr. +P LSWCHP's
  11. gunnutmechanic

gunnutmechanic New Member

I carry a smith and wesson model 21-4 thunder ranch 44 special with 200 grain gold dot hollow point
  12. GotGlock

GotGlock New Member

Glock 19 with 16 rounds of Corbon +p 115grain hollowpoints
  13. Deputy Dawg

Deputy Dawg Active Member

A Glock model 19 with Federal 9mm 115 grain +p+. soon to be a Glock model 32 in 357sig.
    Last edited: Sep 18, 2005
  14. SandW640

SandW640 New Member

Smith and Wesson 640 with Corbon .357 magnum 110 gr jhp ammo
  15. jcinlargo

jcinlargo New Member

I carry a Rossi model 351 .38 Special snubbie with Gold Dot 135gr. +P

Any bullet that mushrooms consistently from my snub gets my vote (and Dollar)!!

They are also very accurate. I get 8" groups at 25 yards double action. I know it doesn't sound great, but a hit in the chest is a hit in the chest. A hit in the chest with a Gold Dot is a fight stopper.

38's just got a lot more dangerous to the bad guys.

5 every time, all the time....ALWAYS!

:)

JC
    Last edited: Dec 27, 2005
  16. Slimslam

Slimslam New Member

I carry the S & W Model 500 in a 2" snubnose...

OK.......

actually, the 642 w/Speer Gold Dots +P and the Ruger SP101 .357 w/ Winchester Silver HP

Bruce
  17. Most often I carry an S&W 637 loaded with Speer 135 grain Gold Dot +P in either a paddle holster by Kramer or an IWB, also by Kramer. When clothing permits, I carry either a Glock 33 (with a .40 S&W barrel in it), or a Taurus PT-745 in .45 ACP. I'm coming to like that Taurus rather much since it is even lighter and less bulky than the Glock with a light DAO trigger on it. I have a nice paddle holster from Mernickle on order for it. Once it gets here, I suspect I'll carry it more often than I do now. The only holster I currently have that will fit it is a Galco Silouette High Ride, which is OK, but not a perfect fit.
  18. Kahr

Kahr New Member

I carry a couple of different pieces, my most recent aquisition is my new main.
    Smith and Wesson 5906 w/ 15 round clip 10 135 g hydrashoks followed by 5 135 g FMJ and a shotshell in the pipe. two extra mags the same.

I also have been known to carry.
    Kahr T9 w/ similiar ammo configuration

Kahr MK9 w/ similiar ammo configuration

Glock 26 w/ similar ammo configuration.
  19. Marlin T

Marlin T Active Member

Beretta 92F in a IWB Galco nsaII 124 grain hollow points. Open carry to be legal :rolleyes:
  20. tucsonpilot

tucsonpilot New Member

Most of the time I carry a Kimberm Pro CDP II in a pancake holster loaded with Speer Gold Dots and a couple of extra mags. When I need deeper concealment I carry a Glock 19 in an inside the pants holster again loaded with Speer Gold Dots.