What has Mass. Gov. Romney doen for Gun Rights?

Discussion in 'The Constitutional & RKBA Forum' started by 45Auto, Mar 7, 2012.

1. 45Auto

45Auto Active Member

There are those who talk the talk and those who walk the walk. While politicians talk about the strength of their "message," I'm more interested in what they have done or not done to advance the 2nd Amendment.

The State of Mass. is one of the least 2nd Amendment friendly states in the USA...

So, what did Mit Romney do for Mass. gun owners while he was their governor?

What is his 2nd Amendment record? Did Romney propose or pass any pro-gun laws while he was the Gov. of Mass? I understand that he might have tried but failed to pass pro 2nd Amendment legislation, but on the other hand he may have done nothing at all for gun owners. I don't know the answer to these questions, but before he can earn the respect of gun owners we need to know his record.
  2. rimmer1

rimmer1 Member

He passed an assault weapons ban that will last forever. Please don't vote for him. Give Ron Paul a chance. If all the gun owners vote for Ron Paul he will win by a landslide.
  3. hogger129

hogger129 Active Member

+1

But people are fooled because of the the "splitting the vote" rhetoric.
  4. graehaven

graehaven Well-Known Member

The top three clowns running all "talk the talk and walk the walk" ..... of politicians.

If you want a NON-lying statesman, then, Ron Paul is the ONLY one who actually does what he says, and abides or tries to abide by the constitution. The others do NOT.

It's okay though.

I've seen the error of my ways. I now know that the ONLY way to save ourselves is to vote for Romney - because he's not Obummer. And that's the ONLY way to save the republic. Voting principles is stoooopid, because we gotta try to save the party. :bleh:
  5. Double D

Double D Administrator Staff Member Supporting Member

Round 51
  6. 45Auto

45Auto Active Member

He passed an assault weapons ban? I never heard about that one! I'd like to know more.
  7. rimmer1

rimmer1 Member

45 Auto,
    2004: Romney signs off on permanent assault weapons ban
    TheRightScoop.com ^ | February 4th, 2012

Posted on Monday, March 05, 2012 4:23:20 PM by SoConPubbie

. . . . .

In a move that will help keep the streets and neighborhoods of Massachusetts safe, Governor Mitt Romney today signed into law a permanent assault weapons ban that forever makes it harder for criminals to get their hands on these dangerous guns.

“Deadly assault weapons have no place in Massachusetts,” Romney said, at a bill signing ceremony with legislators, sportsmen’s groups and gun safety advocates. “These guns are not made for recreation or self-defense. They are instruments of destruction with the sole purpose of hunting down and killing people.”

Like the federal assault weapons ban, the state ban, put in place in 1998, was scheduled to expire in September. The new law ensures these deadly weapons, including AK-47s, UZIs and Mac-10 rifles, are permanently prohibited in Massachusetts no matter what happens on the federal level.
    Oscar
  8. Old Grump

Old Grump New Member

Little hut in the woods near Blue River Wisconsin
    He and Santorum are politicians first. They are only pro 2nd on the campaign trail, after they are in office they lean whichever way the prevailing wind blows. A vote for either of them is not a vote for constitutional government on any level.
  9. savage170

savage170 Member

This could be a indicator of how he feels about gun owners
    As governor, Romney twice rejected a pardon for Anthony Circosta, who at age 13 was convicted of assault for shooting another boy in the arm with a BB gun _ a shot that didn’t break the skin. Circosta worked his way through college, joined the Army National Guard and led a platoon of 20 soldiers in Iraq’s deadly Sunni triangle.
    In 2005, as he was serving in Iraq, he sought a pardon to fulfill his dream of becoming a police officer.
  10. bamajoey

bamajoey Well-Known Member

Suppose Romney gets the nomination. Are you folks going to bite the bullet and vote for Romney, or let the sleeze bag get reelected?

Ron Paul stands as much chance as my pet gopher.
    Last edited: Mar 8, 2012
  11. graehaven

graehaven Well-Known Member

Tell me why in good conscience I should vote for Romney, when he is Obama light.

He will sell out the conservatives.

If it's a race between Romney and Obama - and there is no viable alternative, I will either write in someone, or not vote at all.
  12. savage170

savage170 Member

I voted for the lesser of two evils with Bush look what that got us no more

In matters of style, swim with the current; in matters of principle, stand like a rock.
    Thomas Jefferson
  13. Double D

Double D Administrator Staff Member Supporting Member

14. 45Auto

45Auto Active Member

"assault weapon" ban? :mad: So, Romney is the SECRET Ted Kennady of the GOP? :bleh:

Why has the NRA has done so little to keep us informed of these facts? :confused:
  15. gvw3

gvw3 Well-Known Member Supporting Member

I would say you are right on. I am going to vote for anyone that is not in office now. Move the old crooks out for the new one's