What have I got here? Interarms

Discussion in 'The Ask the Pros & What's It Worth? Forum' started by Terry G, Oct 30, 2012.

1. Terry G

Terry G New Member

It say's on the barrel, Caliber 7MM Remington Magnum. On the receiver it has Interarms Manchester, England. Obviously a Mauser action. It came (from a garage sale) with a 2X9 Tasco scope, sling and ill-fitting recoil pad for $125.00. Finish, bore, stock are excellent. It put five rounds of 150 Grain Federal soft-point into 2 inches at 100 yards. Is this the once in a lifetime deal we all look for? (And yes, it WAS a little old lady and I sleep just fine, thank you.)

Attached Files:

2. nmckenzie

nmckenzie Well-Known Member

I believe what you've got there is one of Interarm's Whitworths built on a Mark X action, and yes, I think it's one of those once in a lifetime deals we all hope for. There's an Interarms Whitworth in .375 H&H nestled in one of our gun racks. Sadly, it wasn't priced at $125 - not even close.
  3. old semperfi

old semperfi New Member

i live in southern indiana,old country boy at hear
    if you do suddenly develope sleep problems then contact me.................ill give you your money back plus a penny so you can make a profit old semperfi
  4. Big Shrek

Big Shrek Active Member

I'd have to correct that recoil pad...usually done by taping off the stock with painters blue and using a belt-sander on the pad until it is level with the tape...

Fantastic deal!!

Think I'd have to mow her yard occasionally just to make sure karma would let me pull off another deal somewhere else later ;)
    Last edited: Nov 4, 2012
  5. Jim K

Jim K New Member

Good buy, and I doubt many dealers would have offered any more (probably less) on a direct sale. You will have to replace that recoil pad if you want to "correct" it. The pad is always ground off to follow the line of the stock.

Jim
  6. Double D

Double D Administrator Staff Member Supporting Member

Nice find.
  7. nmckenzie

nmckenzie Well-Known Member

Agree with Jim K, the pad needs to be replaced rather than attempting to recontour it. The toe's already been ground away, a fairly common do-it-yourself "whoops" when the pad's shaped to the outline of the butt or buttplate, and not installed so as to follow the line of the stock, which as Jim K points out is the correct method. I used to wrap the stock with black electrical tape for the initial shaping with a medium grit belt, and once the belt sander started ticking-away at the electrical tape I'd go to the blue painters tape and a finer grit for the finish work. I'd recommend wearing a dust mask and protective eye wear for this work.