What have you bought (firearms related) in the last 48 hours?

Discussion in 'Centerfire Pistols & Revolvers' started by firefighter1635, Sep 16, 2012.

1. gun runner

gun runner Former Guest

Remington .308 Core Lokt rifle ammo, 20 round box.
  2. cheesewiz

cheesewiz Active Member

I found some of these for ...$ 19.97 :)

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
  3. rogertc1

rogertc1 Member

Picked this up factory a deactivated Polish P64 training pistol Friday at my FFL. Took a week to get to me. The Post office was slow.
    [​IMG]
  4. lilmule

lilmule New Member

Llama 32 acp especial-modded a tad
    [​IMG]
    Novac sights,bobbed hammer,honed to perfection
    My fall ,winter cc piece.
    Last edited: Sep 29, 2012
  5. soundguy

soundguy Well-Known Member

small world.. I just picked up 1k 22lr before I went to owrk this afternoon. ;)
  6. Highpower3006

Highpower3006 Member

Let's see since Friday, (this is Saturday) I have bought a Rock Island Compact CS in .45 auto, a S&W Model 29 no dash four screw w/4" barrel and 200 rounds of Federal 230grn .45 FMJ
  7. Donnie D

Donnie D New Member

Picked up a 50 round box of Federal .38 SP yesterday as my weekly ammo purchase. Gonna pick up the S&W Lady Smith .357 out of layaway at my local gun shop next week. That one is a gift for my wife. Going to a gun show Saturday the 6th, so who knows what else. Can't wait.

Donnie D
  8. gun runner

gun runner Former Guest

Yesterday at around 3:00pm I bought a brand new Marlin model 60 with woodgrain stock. I shot about 150 rounds of .22lr with no fail.
  9. 1969SS396

1969SS396 New Member

Just bought a box of .44 mag ammo.

I just keep adding to the stockpile a box at a time. :D
  10. carver

carver Moderator

DAV, Deep in the Pineywoods of East Texas, just we
    That's the way I do it GR, one, or two, boxes at a time. Usually hit the store just after the 1st of month when the old retirement check comes in.
    ampaterry likes this.
  11. gun runner

gun runner Former Guest

Yeah I bought another box today, some ear plugs and some 6" shoot n c targets. Going to do some shooting in a couple of hours.
  12. heyjoe

heyjoe New Member

bond arms 45 colt mini derringer. 90 rounds of 45 colt. an extra .327 barrel. an OWB holster.
  13. Zhurh

Zhurh Active Member

We live 500 miles from nearest Sportsmans Warehouse, (biggest selection of powder) and our road closes for the winter in 2 weeks. Wife didn't want to make the trip in as it's snowing and first 200 miles is rough sloppy gravel road, single lane in many places. Local friend always makes the trip and told me he'd pick up powder & primers for me. Can't send such things on small bush planes without breaking the law. So I called and gave them a list, course they didn't have half the powder I wanted, but I got 11 one lbers and 2000 fed GM210's. I'm waiting on a 308 SCAR, wanted to get some powder for reloading. Here's what I got:
    4 lbs IMR 8208 XBR
    2 lbs Accur 2230
    2lbs H CFE 223
    2lbs Ram TAC
    1lb Accur 1680 for my S&W 460 pistol

I really wanted Accur 2495 but they didn't have in stock.

What do you all use in AR platform rifles in 308 caliber for hunting?

I've been well set for years, my grandkids will still be killin caribou, moose , sheep, and bear with the supplies I bought before they were born. Boy, I'm getting pretty depressed with the poll talk by media, can't even fathom the majority of Americans would re-elect Big "O"; but I'm being quite prudent just in case they do. So 11 lbs of powder & 2000 large rifle primers cost $375 and the wifey didn't even bat an eyelash. She remembers me buying cases of FMJ 556 for $179 each way back when, no regrets. I wonder how much tax we will be paying on ammo down the road if it all goes south? Heck, the local Indians can't afford ammo now, I'll just tell them to go see Big "O"; maybe he'll give them some free, ya right?
  14. aa1911

aa1911 Active Member

the sportsmans warehous (wholesale sports now there too?) is a thousand times better in Alaska than what we have even here in western WA. I'm jealous, although not jealous of the distance ya gotta go!

Went to the one in Fairbanks last year a couple times, was pretty impressed.

Visited Harbor Freight today (while OCing as usual, had one lady behind me in line talking with her husband casually say to her husband "oh, a handgun" and kept talking about something else, pretty funny), picked up

a 25lb bag of course walnut polishing media for $22 to keep the tumbler going,

a pack of pittsburgh brand punchews (8 punch set)

a new set of Forstner drill bits to make more loading blocks

4 brushes 2 brass bristle, 2 stainless steel for the gun cleaning kit, 49 cents each.
  15. Zhurh

Zhurh Active Member

AA1911, I buy all my powder & primers from Fairbanks Sportsmans, they give me 10% off; usually buy larger quantity than this time.

My gun guy can't get the SCAR 308 in brown (FDE), so looks like I'll be ordering from Buds if they still have one. Want one pretty bad & quick, before election day. Here in Alaska, every Oct, we get oil fund check from state. Wifey is letting me use hers too, unreal. I like the fact the state is buying me a new SCAR, can't beat Ak for a whole bunch of reasons.