What have you bought (firearms related) in the last 48 hours?

Discussion in 'Centerfire Pistols & Revolvers' started by firefighter1635, Sep 16, 2012.

1. aa1911

aa1911 Active Member

[​IMG]

my harbor freight score from last week, forgot to post a pic. some punches, brushes, forstner bits for making reloading blocks and a 25# bag of walnut media.
  2. Donnie D

Donnie D New Member

Love Harbour Freight!! I'm thinking of getting a welder so I can start makin some various types of steel targets. Went to Harbour Freight Saturday to price out what I'll need. Looks like I can get pretty much everything I'll need to get started for less than 250 bucks. Can't beat that. :dance:

Donnie D :D
  3. soundguy

soundguy Well-Known Member

i like that forestner bit set.. so darn usefull!
  4. graehaven

graehaven Well-Known Member

LOL, love all the "cheap" stuff... sitting on top of..... a pelican case. Nice! :D
  5. Donnie D

Donnie D New Member

Went to my LGS this morning and had them order my new Rossi R98. They said it might be here Wednesday afternoon........I'm all giggley inside!! :dance::ya:

Donnie D:D
  6. aa1911

aa1911 Active Member

HF is my source of 'beater' tools, I buy only craftsman for hand tools generally. That pelican case is my range box, traded a custom made duty bag for it from my LE buddy. (my former NCOIC, haha!). No way I'm paying full price for those suckers! It's also got a bunch of mesh zippered pockets in the lid, the thing is like $500+ I think? ouch

I barter and scrounge everything and anything I can!

I've been in need of a welder too, probably gonna go the HF route for my first one too.
  7. gun runner

gun runner Former Guest

What kind of welder? I would go with a Miller or Lincoln. Both made in the USA
  8. soundguy

soundguy Well-Known Member

if you like miller but don't like the $.. get a hobart.

same company.

i have a hobart 235A XLAC stick

beefy.. love it.

affordable.

more than paid for itself first time i used it to repair a 15' batwing mower i have
  9. Donnie D

Donnie D New Member

I think I'm gonna go with the HF 90A wire welder. A buddy of mine who welds says it is a pretty nice unit for the money, and it will do the type of stuff I want to do. He said to be sure to get some Lincoln wire for it as the wire that comes with it is pretty crappy.

Donnie D :D
  10. DixieLandMan

DixieLandMan Member

Powder, bullets and primers. Casted around 400 .50 cal muzzleloading bullets yesterday.
  11. Old Grump

Old Grump New Member

Little hut in the woods near Blue River Wisconsin
    Paid the light bill for my toy store yesterday. Went in to get my 36 caliber balls for my old Navy and ended up having him carry out this cardboard box for me loaded with 44 mag, .357 mag, .308 and 30-06 ammo and that doesn't count another 1000 rounds of 22LR because some dang fool keeps shooting mine up. Walked out with a bonus, he stuck a box of Federal Gold Medal Ultra Match 22LR in my pocket. Knowing I shoot 100 yards he wanted me to try them and report back because he bought them by mistake. He isn't sure he can sell them for the listed price unless he can show his customers it is the cats meow. Lots of plinkers and small game hunters in my neck of the woods but not that many serious small bore competition shooters. Now I wish I had a serious competition rifle to do that ammo justice but I will do what I can.
  12. 1969SS396

1969SS396 New Member

I must be coming down with something.....I walked into a Bass Pro shop and a Gander Mountain store yesterday and the only thing I left with was a 2012 Bass Pro "Christmas" catalog :eek:......yep, I must be getting sick or sumpthin.
  13. jack404

jack404 Former Guest

just this morning , a heap

aint saying what though ...
  14. 2000ShadowACE

2000ShadowACE Member

100 rounds 9 mm
    40rounds 30-06
    UTG tactical holster (JUNK)
    Hunting bucket
  15. aa1911

aa1911 Active Member

my father made me some more drop tubes for my B&M powder measure; I'm in reloading heaven, I lost count of how many I have now. Only had one for the longest time, now I've got enough to keep a bunch set for pet loads if I want. woo hoo!

[​IMG]

he's been scrounging scope covers also, got a bag of 'em to take care of all my stuff that's scoped; nobody makes the see thru bikini scope covers anymore, they're pretty much a necessity here in WA where it's wet all the time. The flip ones always wind up breaking on me and most are opaque anyway.

the clear ones allow you to make a quick shot without removing them but if you have time, they slip off fairly quick and keep the scope lenses dry.