What I don't do with my guns.

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Mosin_Nagant_Fan, Feb 15, 2009.

1. Mosin_Nagant_Fan

Mosin_Nagant_Fan Active Member

I don't keep them in a safe for the rest of their life, they are worthless if you don't use them.

I don't show them off like some snobby, spoiled, brat with his brand new Mustang.

I don't gunsling like you see in movies or videogames, a gun is to dangerous to just play cowboy or gun-toting scientist trying to kill aliens and save the world.

I don't carry 10 guns or 5000 rounds in my jacket or pants, I'm not James Bond and I'm not in a video game.

I don't let my guns get too dirty, I clean them after every season at the range.

I don't go Clint Eastwood, I go Soviet.:p

OK, I ran out of things I don't do, as seen with that last item. Now it's your turn.
    Last edited: Feb 16, 2009
  2. glocknut

glocknut New Member

Is that a "thinly veiled" poke at me?

mike
    gn
  3. ysacres

ysacres Well-Known Member

I have do's

I do keep them in a safe, they are worthless if you loose them.
    I do show them off like some snobby, spoiled, brat with his brand new Mustang
    I do some gunslinging like the rifleman and Eastwood "Soviet"
    I do not clean my sks's they run better dirty.
    I do agree with U, I can't cary 10 in my pants.

Wise Acres ( SP )
    Last edited: Feb 15, 2009
  4. icm856

icm856 New Member

Hmmm, I digress......:eek:
  5. noslolo

noslolo New Member

I do love them all, regardless of where they are made.
  6. Mosin_Nagant_Fan

...Mmmmmmayyyyybeeeeeee.:D:p
  7. graehaven

graehaven Well-Known Member

How could it have been "thinly veiled" if you picked up on it? Just kidding!!

I wish I had your collection. So, snob away!!!! :D:D:D
  8. Shellback

Shellback New Member

9. ponycar17

ponycar17 Active Member

I don't... list all my guns (and those of my immediate family) in my signature... :D
  10. Mosin_Nagant_Fan

I don't, either. You'd all be pis*-hardened mad if I did.
  11. Gabob

Gabob Well-Known Member

I enjoy my guns and shoot them
    Clean after every session
    I don't advertise what I have
  12. Mosin_Nagant_Fan

It's not like I added a name and address in my sig.
  13. glocknut

glocknut New Member

I wish i had Ysacres collection...or that new guy "icm856" who had all of his AR's lined up in front of his couch.... HOLY CATS!!!!!! :D:D:D:D:D:D:D

My collection is small compared to those...

mike
    gn
  14. ysacres

Ya But, Ya But, U got some nice uns & cun only shout 1 at a time, like nagnat fan says U cant stuff 10 in yer shorts.
    My unprofesal opiom is U only need 1 defenceive hand cannon & 1 for huntin, 1 defensive shotgunn and 1 fer huntin, 1 snipper riffle & 1 fer hunting
    = 6 total guns is all U need.
    Wise acre................................. (sp)
  15. pinecone70

pinecone70 Active Member

I don't sell 'em, I collect 'em though!
  16. ponycar17

ponycar17 Active Member

pinecone, I agree... I don't sell 'em either... If I buy a useless one I don't sell it; I just tuck it away. I don't understand folk selling and trading guns all the time. :confused:
  17. glocknut

glocknut New Member

Yeah... you got that right..... :D:D:D:D

mike
    gn
  18. ysacres

Ya know, I just came home from working all day and I'm so excited to start chating to you good ol guy's & gal's that I think I mispelled every word in that last post.
    Sory, Y's Acres
  19. 1shot1k

1shot1k Former Guest

:rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

Hello to all..hope you all are fine as frogs hair today.

In answer to post..what I dont do with my guns is......
    ..is...thinkin.....is ...shoot them enough to my satisfaction and self expected proficiency...;)

Just got on tonight to answer posts about upcoming TX git together shoot. Ive been on this forum since right after my mother passed..11/13/09..and as some may or may not remember..I had been thinkin about gettin back into some 1911's and after graveside...wife said to go to show next day and walk (limp) around. She knew id been thinkin about a new handgun for a while.and I d been bed or chair ridden most of the previous year and half and what all.so I got a new to me...1911 gun.

Ive since received (right at xmas) a new.40 with a special story behind it that I am reserving for a special post.

Guess tryin to say Im from a large family tree that has always been keepers of multiple firearms per person/households.

AS im new to forum ..some little bits of history...my great
    grandfather John W. Owens..built and opened the first public walk in shooting galleries in Fort Worth. Guess there was a call for them in those (20's-30's) days.
    Ayway the weapons used were of a22 cal..dont remember make off hand , but do know they were 1st models that contained feed tubes thru stock and ejected spent thru bottom ...my uncle wound up with those, as he also ran a gallery in 50's. He has about 25 of em lined up in his wall to wall cases at the ranch and another 30 or so packed away, some still pristine in orig packing.

He aske dme while back if I would take several as he has his will pretty planned out but I have no us3e fir them other than history..when time comes..and he s out fore me..I thinkone will suffice for memories.

If you go to Greenwood Cemetary in FT Worth, John W."s Headstone dominates large plots he had foresiite
    tp purchase when Grnwood opened....evens places for wiffe and me left..anyway his large stone is engaved width wise with carving in detail of a rifle.I will take photo next visit.(hoping temp visit...ho ho he he:p)

He also (with 3 friends) was predominent in starting a little know old sport, whereas coyotes (bounties) were hunted by groups who would show up in their cars and trucks and proceed to hunt these coyote's using Greyhounfd dogs, specifically trained, to run them down.

Same gentleman was large cotton grower/rancher towards western Texas. Used migrant (illegals) for cotton.treated them and befreinded them well..this kept him in close scrutiny with Klan...

While living at one of his homes ..in Ranger TX...had man named "Jack Lake" on payroll...anyway..my moms mom was Lura...she had older sis's ALma / and Eva...note:
    Eva married my uncle Donald Winset..he was big Marathon man..helped invent fuel now as used in Jet egines and this allowed future oil royalties that help me/us get by.....(go google type donald winsett _patents..go from ther...) ANYWAY this JAck LAke was in local tavern bragging" hed slept w/Alma and Eva and when that little Lura was big enough..why he's have her too."...someone had slipt out and ran told John W...and he went towards Tavern...this Jack was comin down street and got close and waved HI...and GRanddad emptied cylinders and killed him like a dog inthe street.
    Wouldnt have even been grand jury I was told ,cept for clan..but was nobilled sameday anyway....

just talkin and typin..I really like seein post's and wish sometimes I knew more personaly the people here and about em more..one reason Im so looking forward to this upcomin TX meet (tentative now for 03/07)...

hope not borin yall...sure read all who type in the General Dis area...and appreciate any who listen to this old man who types at night....

thinnkin about asking if we could have a history post or area that we could have provided bio's as would be provided...I know this is a firearm forum..im glad and wouldnt change that for anything as I myself learn somethin new bout arms every visit. But I guess Im tryin to say I also like to think of it as the TFF or "the freindly forum"..

Maybe ill put agood history bios on word(tm) and paste it some nigth..not to brag on any item but to share my memories....so proud of many things and opportunities Ive had (and my god wasted..)....

my family history(s)...my service...chance to be on design team of Tandy TRS80..1st z80 personal pc..has allowed me to stay on top (digital) since..my corrections work...fence perimeters for half Fed BOP and 146 state institutions...digital cctv history...my guitar/singin past...friend of Willies..etc...but now the only thing I really live for and keep goin for is to help raise and enjoy my two precious grd daughters...ive been given a chance to make up the time(s) ive lost concerning my daughter..

wife just peaken in and ordered me (she's on short list of those that can) to get off and leave people alone..

sorry I rant on and god bless this forum and all of us and the 2nd amendments
    i hope people s forgive me for my posts and some funniess orr attempt sat it...I like to enjoy with all
    and hope nonne body offended and sure like postin and mainly reading alls the fine scenerios of everbody.''
    nobodies of yall can help with private battles and pray for me to keep up even with the medss its geetin hardr sometimes at night whenmy angels are aslleep and waitn for buzz so can sleeop...feelin ggod now so will leave but I still rememebr this post-what I dont/do with gunsand for some reason all ai canthinkabout righ tnows is what I do and donts does with my mungs ,,,,.;let em keep the ears dont keep them and I dont..shes makinme byes,; regrds:cool:

20. noslolo

noslolo New Member

Don't worry about the rant 1shot1k, I always like em. Well most of them. But that is what makes this country great, the freedom to have a different thought and the ability to voice it.