What I got for Christmas

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by cycloneman, Dec 25, 2011.

1. mogunner

mogunner Well-Known Member

I got a new 18volt drill, assortment of sausage,cheese and crackers, and a Moose Creek lined, hooded flannel shirt/jacket...

And a massive head/chest cold... Santa must not be using that hand sanitizer I left out for him!
  2. HunterAlpha1

HunterAlpha1 Former Guest

for Christmas i got:
    100 rounds of .45 ACP.
    a toothbrush and a bar of soap in my stocking(someone must be hinting at something ;)).
    butterfinger bars.
    an airsoft red vs. blue target set, the kind with the soft gelatine sheet on the target and pellet catcher on the bottom that you can use indoors.
    a slingshot(the two leather thong and pouch David vs. Goliath type, not the forked stick and rubber band type:)).

DVDs/CDs:
    In the Blink of an Eye(indy movie)
    In the Heart of the Rockies by G. A. Henty(audiobook)
    Mr. Smith Goes to Washington(movie starring Jimmy Stewart)

Books:
    Against His Will by Betsy Castleberry
    The Illustrated History of Firearms by Jim Supica, Doug Wicklund, & Philip Schreier

Games:
    Settlers of Catan
    Memory Challenge: Civil War

Clothes:
    1 pair jeans
    1 pair dress pants
    2 pair sweatpants
    3 shirts

and, of course, from a friend, 900 rounds of 7.62x39mm :D

all in all, this has been a WONDERFUL Christmas! :)
  3. CampingJosh

CampingJosh Moderator

I got several new tools: nut driver set, angle grinder, some ratcheting wrenches, and an OLD set of dial calipers that are still dead on (they were my grandfather's, who has been gone ten years next month, and he had them well before he retired in the early 1980s).
    Then I got ammo in .22 LR, .223, and .380. Plus many books, including Lyman's Cast Bullet Handbook, the Handloader's Manual of Cartridge Conversions, and a couple other "on-topic" books.
  4. terminator

terminator Member

Nice stuff everyone! Leg lamps are great!!
  5. 45nut

45nut Active Member

I want a leg lamp and I'm officially jealous.

First, I was able to spend time with my family and we had a blast. I got my sister an awful Jesus candle and put it in her stocking and her reaction was glorious. We laughed at her reaction until we were all crying. Had to be there, but that was some kind of funny.

I got a Thomas Jefferson and a Martha Washington cookbook, a Belgium waffle maker, a Case mini Stockman, a church cookbook, a Santou chef knife, a Savage 99 in .300 Savage, and my parents had my Grandpa's 1945 Harmony Master acoustic guitar restored and gave that to me and my niece gave me some fishing shirts a size too small. Precious gifts everyone.

Priceless. The most important gift of all was time with family, sharing love, food, fellowship and even the rolling eyes and sighs at the same old stories from our youth. Wonderful times.

When your parents are in their 70's and 80's, you put up with the thermostat on 75 and old stories because you want your family to be kind to you when you too grow old.
  6. mogunner

mogunner Well-Known Member

45nut, your post was dead on accurate...this is only my second Christmas since my mom passed from cancer and dad went into the nursing home. They were the "gathering point" for Thanksgiving and Christmas every year, where all the girls (5 sisters, yuck!) would gather early in the kitchen and gossip while they prepared the massive meal for all the relatives. We ate in shifts, the young kids first, then the teens, then us "old folks". The kids would usually run off around the small farm town that we all grew up in, one of those "you could throw a rock from end to end" types, while we all sat around waiting for dinner to settle so that we could dig into the desserts.

Now holidays just seem to lack the luster of previous ones. I still have two of my "grown" children living with me due to the economic times, along with two of my wife's kids, but they are all old enough that most of it seems to be "what did I get" instead of "what can I give". They were all gone to their "significant other's" parents on Christmas day, we got Christmas Eve this year, so we opened the few gifts that we had then. But everyone got something that they truly liked, which was good. My stepson has had a rough year, he's doing a lot of "wandering" in direction in his life, in other words, he's been a few spots of trouble this year. So I "just" got him a Hobo tool from Walmart, a grand total of $3.88...and he absolutely loves it! He's been eating everything with it and is constantly putting it together and taking it apart. For those who don't know what I'm talking about, it's kind of a camping swiss army thing, with a huge spoon and fork that fold out, a knife, a corkscrew, leather punch (I think) and a few other gizmos. You can fasten the two halves together or separate them if you need to use the knife at the same time as the fork. I guess sometimes the simple things make the best presents.
  7. Capt Mac Turk

Capt Mac Turk New Member

So Fla-- NO place to Shoot AKA "TFF" Posting Clo
    First Christmas without my Folks also, Pops loved Christmas & as a kid he took me out to the Everglades about every Christmas to go shooting :( (Miss ya Dad)

Without me working it was a thin Christmas around here we made due tho

Ashley was Happy shes out cruzzzzzin the blocks on her new scooter :D
    Electric Gutar & Amp,Toys, clothes, ect...
    Everything a kid wants & needs she got shes 12 Its Her time!

Im pounding away on my "NEW" Rebuilt puter My old one still had windows
    "98" & trying to watch a video lol forget it.
    And since Im up all night the wife got me these head phones that I can watch TV with the volume turned down on TV but full sound in my ears (Kinda Cool)!!!

I had asked for a GSG 1911-22
    But Momma said I have "Enuff" guns & I Needed this MORE!

Momma got Perfume, Socks, a nice Gold chain & locket,
    with pictures of Ashley & I.
    & we got her a trolling motor for her little boat, she was thrilled to death.

As you get older the little things are what make me happy!

I'm Glad everyone had a great Christmas
    & Everyone be Safe for the Nude Year!

Capt. Mac
  8. Grizz

Grizz Active Member

nice leg lamps guys!
  9. BobMcG

BobMcG Well-Known Member Supporting Member

fw1976

Wow! That is a MAJOR award! It's like the real thing. Great!
  10. Popgunner

Popgunner New Member

Fleetwood
    that's a lamp from a competitor of ours.
    10 years ago or so my wife started making leglamps as close as we could to the movie's lamp. Ours had more of a gold color shade & the legs were hosiery forms like you have there. She was selling them on e-bay & for about 6 months she was the only one doing it. Then a guy started copying her lamps (what you have) & within 3 months there were 13 people on e-bay making similar lamps. My wife got $450 for one of the lamps on e-bay at christmas time on an aution & there was good money in it. We made about 250 lamps total. Ended up folks were selling cheapie ones for $39 & we quit making them.
    We were getting the wood bases for the lamps from a craft company & while my wife was picking those up she bought one scrapbooking item, sold it for twice as much on e-bay & that started our scrapbooking company. I closed down my sign company & now our little family owned & run business buys & re-sells about 3 million dollars worth of scrapbooking materials a year. Just my wife & I & our three daughters. It worked out good, we just had to adapt.
  11. cycloneman

cycloneman Well-Known Member

Do you know if these lamps were in production years ago like in the 50's? I swear when i was a kid i saw an ad for a lamp like this.
  12. fleetwood1976

fleetwood1976 Active Member

Thats pretty cool. I think this one was about $150 about 8 years ago. It had a velvety gold shade but for some reason we ended up going with this one. I think used the gold one for a retro lamp in another room or something. It might be one of yours. It may be a hosiery form. there is a little pinkish red light in the leg on a seperate switch at the top of the leg. way to capitalize on a good Idea though.
  13. armoredman

armoredman New Member

I guess I don't remember that lamp or movie, sorry.

All I got for Christmas was the chance to make a lot of people happy. :) That was enough.