What if you held all the marbles? II

Discussion in 'The Fire For Effect and Totally Politically Incorr' started by Prizefighter, Aug 9, 2011.

1. Prizefighter

Prizefighter New Member

A helicopter lands in your back yard, and men in black suits and sunglasses pick you up, fly you to the Whitehouse, and sit you down in the Oval Office.

"The old president wasn't working out. The nation is practically in a state of emergency, and computer simulations say you are the best person for the job. Raise your right hand and repeat after me..."

Now you're the leader of the free world, and you've got carte blanch to make or break law in the US as you see fit. What do you decree?

-----

It's been about 4 years since I originally posted this. Some things have changed since then, some things haven't. What have you got in mind for your next 4 year term?
  2. hunter29180

hunter29180 Well-Known Member

3. carver

carver Moderator

DAV, Deep in the Pineywoods of East Texas, just we
    If it could be so! Unfortunately the prez don't get to make law, that's the job of the Senate. But, to play along, I would
    1. Go to a Fair Tax system
    2. Do away with NAFTA, and GATT. Impose a tarriff on all imports from other countries.
    3. Now America is in a position to create jobs.
    4. Revamp the intitlements system in America. Once there are jobs, get folks off welfare. Do away with all the intitlements such as SS, Medicare, and Medicade, and welfare. People will invest in 401K plans for retirement.
    5. Revamp the prision system, if you don't grow it, you don't eat it. No more TV, gyms, or ball courts. Prisioners will be too busy for these things. Make it really hard, so they don't want to come back.
    6. Outlaw Lobbyists!
    7. Make it law that all insurance companies in America will be able to insure anyone in any state. If you do business in America, anyone who wants to buy your insurance can.
    Last edited: Aug 9, 2011
  4. hogger129

hogger129 Active Member

I would do the same as Carver. And I would also end the Fed.
  5. carver

carver Moderator

DAV, Deep in the Pineywoods of East Texas, just we
    That is one I left out by accident! The Federal Reserve Bank has got to go!
  6. Artemus

Artemus New Member

I would play the game and go on all those expensive vacations that the President goes on.
  7. Double D

Double D Administrator Staff Member Supporting Member

I would have every single member of this so called administration arrested and locked up behind bars where they couldnt do anymore damage. I would hire the best of the best conservative patriots in the country and I would stop EVERYTHING. Nothing would be funded that didnt make perfect sense and nobody would draw a check that hasnt paid into the system.

I would put an end to any and every pork barrel spending, stop and reverse every single illegal policy that has been put into action by this illegal administration, I would make the 2nd ammendment be followed to the letter and stop all of these nonsense regulations.

I would fire EVERYONE in washington and start fresh, except for the new conservative hires. I would unload any interest the gov. has in any corporations. I would evaluate and defund fannie and freddy until everything was in order. I would force every member of the house and senate to pay their own way on commercial flights and no more lavish motels and parties.

I would send as many troops as needed to the borders and have real fences built while deporting every illegal that is in the country. Troops would be given the order to shoot on sight. I would also have armed drones patroling the borders. I wont keep typing, I think you get the idea.
    Last edited: Aug 9, 2011
  8. jlloyd73

jlloyd73 New Member

What they said and:

No more free aid to other countries. I don't care if half the country dies in a flood, they will have to trade or pay back the US. How many countries have we rebuilt for nothing in return?
  9. Bobitis

Bobitis Guest

Get us out of the UN, implode the building, and make it a park.
  10. graehaven

graehaven Well-Known Member

I couldn't be president.

A benevolent dictator, yes. :rolleyes:
  11. Double D

Double D Administrator Staff Member Supporting Member

Well, this was included in stopping all spending.
  12. jlloyd73

jlloyd73 New Member

It's your fault DD, you and Caver took all the good ones....and for that ya'll get the job, just figure out which one of you will be VP.
  13. jstgsn

jstgsn Well-Known Member

There would be term limits for all.
    The Constitution would be followed to the letter.
    Mandatory military service at age 18.
  14. Prizefighter

Prizefighter New Member

Tell that to some of the previous guys in the position. ;) But yes, call it "emperor" if it makes for a more fun discussion. Or for hard mode, describe how you would handle it if you were technically president.
  15. Carne Frio

Carne Frio Member

Can't argue against any of those fine ideas. Here are some more:
    1. Seal off the southern border.
    2. Deport all Illegals. If caught after 30 days, imprison on work farms for a year.
    3. End all federal unemployment and welfare after 30 days. Let states do it if they want.
    4. Prefer the feds do a flat tax. Everybody pays the same percent on all earnings from
    wages. No deductions and no exceptions.