The Firearms Forum banner

What in your oppinoin is the best muzzleloading rifle

6K views 6 replies 3 participants last post by  Jake 
#1 ·
Getting rid of the cva buckhorn magnum because of the action. I just dont like fire blowing out in front of my face. I want a really good break open or bolt action muzzleloader. What is a wise choice. I like the TC Pro Hunter. What do you think?

#2 · (Edited)
Jake i've seen muzzle loaders that break to allow the fitting of the percussion cap , or conversions of muzzle loaders to bolt action

but a muzzle loader is loaded via the Muzzle ... and so i'm way confused as to your meaning here

the TC pro hunter your talking about is NOT a muzzle loader but a break open single shot in varios cal's with the following spec's

Magnum .50 Caliber Fluted Muzzleloader Barrels
.209 Primer Ignition
Single Shot Break-Open Design
Speed Breech & Speed Breech XT Models
Stainless Steel Finish
Interchangeable Fluted Barrels

the encore can swap out the cap and be replaced to take a single round of ammo with some mucking about but with very limited options

#3 ·
If you buy a pro hunter with a .50 cal muzzleloader barrel on it is it not a break open muzzleloader? :confused::confused::confused: Sure looked like one when I watched Jim Shockey Sunday night.

#4 ·
it does break open , but to load the percussion cap only you still load the charge and projectile in the muzzle and why its still a muzzle loader ..

however the new ones have a removable plug , take that out and you can load a cartridge round in it , BUT! you have to have the barrel to suit

anyone else care to verify this as these are not yet available here ( just doing the promo's for them now )

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.