What in your oppinoin is the best muzzleloading rifle

Discussion in 'Black Powder Shooting / Muzzleloaders / Handguns' started by Jake, Jan 4, 2012.

1. Jake

Jake Member

Getting rid of the cva buckhorn magnum because of the action. I just dont like fire blowing out in front of my face. I want a really good break open or bolt action muzzleloader. What is a wise choice. I like the TC Pro Hunter. What do you think?
  2. jack404

jack404 Former Guest

Jake i've seen muzzle loaders that break to allow the fitting of the percussion cap , or conversions of muzzle loaders to bolt action

but a muzzle loader is loaded via the Muzzle ... and so i'm way confused as to your meaning here

the TC pro hunter your talking about is NOT a muzzle loader but a break open single shot in varios cal's with the following spec's

Magnum .50 Caliber Fluted Muzzleloader Barrels
    .209 Primer Ignition
    Single Shot Break-Open Design
    Speed Breech & Speed Breech XT Models
    Stainless Steel Finish
    Interchangeable Fluted Barrels

the encore can swap out the cap and be replaced to take a single round of ammo with some mucking about but with very limited options
    Last edited: Jan 4, 2012
  3. Jake

Jake Member

If you buy a pro hunter with a .50 cal muzzleloader barrel on it is it not a break open muzzleloader? :confused::confused::confused: Sure looked like one when I watched Jim Shockey Sunday night.
  4. jack404

jack404 Former Guest

it does break open , but to load the percussion cap only you still load the charge and projectile in the muzzle and why its still a muzzle loader ..

however the new ones have a removable plug , take that out and you can load a cartridge round in it , BUT! you have to have the barrel to suit

anyone else care to verify this as these are not yet available here ( just doing the promo's for them now )
  5. Jake

Jake Member

Last edited: Jan 5, 2012
  6. reynolds357

reynolds357 Former Guest

My favorite is the Savage. I love the convenience of using smokeless powder.
  7. Jake

Jake Member

Those are nice