The Firearms Forum banner

What is a good cheap scope for a 10-22

35K views 21 replies 16 participants last post by  Lee D 
#1 ·
I am looking for a good inexpensive scope for my Ruger 10-22. Any Ideas?

#6 ·
You can't go wrong with the Simmons 3-9X32 .22 Mag. with Adj. OBJ. (A.O.). They go for $45 to $65 depending on the sales and vendor. I've got them on my two 10/22's and they have been excellent performers for many years. :cool:

#7 ·
Damn, I can't comment on the Simmons 3x9 22mag quality as I haven't mounted it yet, but I paid Midway about $90.00 for mine 7 or 8 months ago. Generally I'm a pretty smart shopper and search extensively for the best deal. In this case I wasn't.

#10 ·
Go to Walmar and buy the centerfire scope, for the money it is surprisingly good...especially for rimfire. If you don't like it Walmart will always give you a refund.

#11 ·
What do you consider inexpensive? I have a Redhead 3-9x50 from bass pro and it does the trick to about 50-60 yards on my Marlin 22 mag. It ran about $60 something. I cant remember but it was under $100. Listen to these guys, they know more than me :D

#13 · (Edited)
Damn, I can't comment on the Simmons 3x9 22mag quality as I haven't mounted it yet, but I paid Midway about $90.00 for mine 7 or 8 months ago. Generally I'm a pretty smart shopper and search extensively for the best deal. In this case I wasn't.
Yeah, I think you were had my friend! :confused: The Simmons 3-9X32 .22 Mag's. without A.O. commonly go for around $40 on Amazon and the ones with A.O. go for $60 in silver or black. I only took a quick look on Amazon, but I think with a little effort you can get it with free shipping too!

http://www.amazon.com/Simmons-Truplex-Reticle-Rimfire-Riflescope/dp/B000INAEWS/ref=pd_sim_sg_1

Sometimes Midway is good and sometimes not so good.:(

Ah, here it is on Amazon in silver with the "Free Super Saver Shipping" for $60.34 (temporarily out of stock on the black):

http://www.amazon.com/Simmons-Adjustable-Objective-Truplex-Riflescope/dp/B000MM2RSO

#14 ·
I have a Simmons scope on my Savage 12 LRPV. It does a fine job as long as I don't need to see bullet holes at 100 yards. It takes a lot more powerful scope to do that. It has AO and is a 6-18x50 scope but of course they make them less powerful. I just needed something with a little more power to reach out with that .223 Savage 12. I paid like $110 for it. The glass is clear and distortion free (or as close as anything gets IMO) and it gathers light very well. And it holds zero even on my 30.06 where I had it a long time. I'm very happy with that scope. It doesn't have quite the quality of glass as my Nikon scopes but they cost considerably more.

#17 ·
Center Point 3-9x32, mil-dot, illuminated recticle at w-mart for $55.
One thing I've found with these over time and owning a few, their click value might
be off a bit and a bit tough (for me anyways) to get the initial sighting in done. But
once sighted in, they are there and have had one on a Ruger now for, thinking
three years now.
Just put one on the Marlin 60 and have NO complaints.

#18 ·
I've got a few of the Simmons .22Mag 3-9x32 (non adjustable objective version) that I picked up an an auction sale a few years back. Some were display models and some were NIB, but the price was right.

They work just fine for me and they're plenty cheap enough.
It does seem a sacrilege that I've got one on my 77/22 though...$25 of scope on a $400 rifle! :)

#19 ·
I put a Crossman 4X on mine that I took off an air rifle (Break barrel stlye) one stroke and I swear that scope is labeled wrong. It is a great scope! Crisp,clear optics and the 4X is all I need for what I use it for.
I'd better take a closer look at the 4x scope the came on the Marlin 60 SB!
I looked at it when it was on the rifle (as it was the diplay) but had in
the back of my mind, "ahhh bb gun scope", I'll have a closer look after
reading your post STA!!

#20 ·
I've got a few of the Simmons .22Mag 3-9x32 (non adjustable objective version) that I picked up an an auction sale a few years back. Some were display models and some were NIB, but the price was right.

They work just fine for me and they're plenty cheap enough.
It does seem a sacrilege that I've got one on my 77/22 though...$25 of scope on a $400 rifle! :)
I got'cha beat Bindernut!!! I've got the Center Point ($55) scope on
my 77/22! lol
To say Ruger 77/22 and Center Point together is "almost" scary!

#21 ·
Took it to the range Saturday. Took about 10 rounds to get it right on. I never shot with a scope much. What a tack driver.

This is a $30 Bushnell from Walmart. Best group I ever shot.

#22 ·
cheap is a relative term...cheap compared to what? lol
years ago i went thru the bushnell/tasco/simmons stuff and finally decided to try something a little better. Nikon....thats all i buy now.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.