What is a RIGHT?

Discussion in 'The Fire For Effect and Totally Politically Incorr' started by Marlin T, Jan 17, 2010.

1. Marlin T

Marlin T Active Member

2. Bobitis

Bobitis Guest

I'd say that pretty much covers it.
  3. RunningOnMT

RunningOnMT New Member

+10 for the good judge. Why can't we have logical thinkers like this in elected office?
  4. bcj1755

bcj1755 New Member

I saw a bit of his latest series on Friday's Beck Show. I wonder if The Judge is related to Jackboot Janet:eek::eek: Now that would be funny:D:D:D
  5. rentalguy1

rentalguy1 Former Guest

A right can only be bestowed by the Creator. Anything else is just a law...
  6. wpage

wpage Active Member

"What is truth?" JC
  7. Bobitis

Bobitis Guest

Truth is what you perceive it to be.
    Doesn't mean you're right. You just think you are.
    The fact that I may disagree with you doesn't mean I'm wrong.

What is torture?

It's all personal opinion. Your opinion is no more valid than mine.
    When your opinion gives cause to infringe on mine, we have a problem.

That's where the rights issue comes into play.

Rights weren't bestowed by any god. There's too many religious heads of state to condone such a concept. They are granted at birth.

We all have the right to life and to better ourselves. No one has the right to take that away.
  8. Suwannee Tim

Suwannee Tim New Member

This is called "moral relativism" and it is anathema to me.
  9. jack404

jack404 Former Guest

A Right

"A perceived endowment of capability, access or purpose bestowed on a person at birth depending on the nation in which they live , many nations have different rights and some have none. Thank God that you are born where you are if you have rights."

General Sir Thomas Blamey 1940 ( later Feild Marshall of the Australian Army WW2)

who'd be rolling in his grave, swearing a blue streak at the loss of Rights we have lost here.