What is it worth?

Discussion in 'The Ask the Pros & What's It Worth? Forum' started by buickman10, Apr 20, 2006.

1. buickman10

buickman10 New Member

I have three guns that i don't know their age or worth.

One is a Remington Fieldmaster Model 572, 22 Calb pump ce47 patent no 2675-638

One is a Mossburg and Son Model -151M-B 22 Auto

One is Iven or Ive Johnson US Carbine 22 Calb Auto Made in West Germany 15 Round Clip Serial No 008672

Any info would be appreciated.

Thank You buickman10
  2. Xracer

Xracer *TFF Admin Staff Mediator*

Hi Buickman10, welcome to TFF.

In order to give you a value on these firearms, we need to know the condition of them.

If you can give us the approximate % of finish left on each one, we can value them for you.
  3. b.goforth

b.goforth New Member

the iver johnson 22 carbine was imported from erma werkes in germany between 1985 and 1988. i have seen them sell for $50 (poor condition and broken) up to $300+ (like new in the box). the 15 round clip will bring at least $50 at auction. extra clips for this gun are hard to come by. numrich arms offers the clip for $30, but they very seldom have them in stock.
    bill
  4. Bill DeShivs

Bill DeShivs Well-Known Member

Be advised that the I.J./Erma carbine is not a durable gun.
    Bill
  5. wonderwhippet

wonderwhippet Active Member

I was looking at one of these Erma carbines at a gun show yesterday. I know that Erma "Lugers" are pretty much pot metal with lined barrels, and was wondering if the same was true of the carbine. I just couldn't tell if it also has a lined barrel. Asking price was $289, I offered $200, and somebody walked up and bought it for full asking price. Kind of glad I didn't get it, as I intended to shoot it pretty intensively.
  6. b.goforth

b.goforth New Member

the iver johnson 22 carbines have alloy reciever but steel barrels (not lined) and bolt. mine has proved very durable. purchased new in 1987 and still shooting. this rifle has not been manufactured since 1988. if parts are need they have to come from the used parts dealers.
    bill