What is my Arisaka worth?

Discussion in 'The Ask the Pros & What's It Worth? Forum' started by mosinitis, Oct 12, 2010.

1. mosinitis

mosinitis New Member

Hi guys, I have a Japanese Arisaka that I would like to know what the value is. It is a type 99, series 3, from the nagoya arsenal. It is a matching serial # gun (39612). It has the dust cover ( matching #'s), rear airplane sights, and monopod. It also has the mum still on it. The stock has a crack behind the receiver and has been cut off between the two barrel bands ( possibly done in the war, It looks like it was done a long time ago). The bore is in very good condition. This gun is a WWII bringback and was passed down through the family to me. It has some old pitting in a few spots but overall in really good shape. I would appreciate any other info you have about this rifle.

Attached Files:

2. oscarmayer

oscarmayer New Member

big plus with the bi-pod and sights and the mum but with the missing fore-stock i'd value it around 200.00 and even at that i might be high . keep in mind these things do not bring big bucks intact it would only be valued around 350 +
  3. mosinitis

mosinitis New Member

thanks oscarmayer, That is about what I was thinking. I just didn't know if Nagoya arsenal was common or one of the higher dollar makers. I also hadn't seen any arisaka's with a cut off fore-stock. Also haven't seen many with dust cover, monopod, rear sight, and mum. Thanks again, Luke
  4. oscarmayer

oscarmayer New Member

often the dust cover is missing true enough if it was mine i'd look to replace the stock and hang it on a wall or i'd even consider having it checked out by a smith and fire the thing. ammo can still be had but is a bit costly.
  5. mosinitis

mosinitis New Member

This is the only gun I own that I have never shot. I would have shot it already but the crack in the stock looks like it could break all the way through if I look at it wrong. Do you have any idea what a replacement stock would cost?
  6. oscarmayer

oscarmayer New Member

i've seen conmplete replacement stocks for these for about 75 bucks but it's been a while i suggest checking ebay and a couple of the better known gun auction sites
  7. 3/2 STA SS

3/2 STA SS Active Member

$200.00 tops. Check and see if the bolt matches the reciever serial # too. Mine appeared to be 100% and the #s did not match.
  8. mosinitis

mosinitis New Member

Both of the numbers on the bolt match the receiver number also.
  9. 3/2 STA SS

3/2 STA SS Active Member

The wood maybe missing because to bring them back GI's took em apart so they would fit into duffle/sea bags. Thats how my grandpa brought his home.
  10. mosinitis

mosinitis New Member

The wood at the front band looks like it was broke off and at the rear band it was cut with a saw. I have heard stories of the bring backs being cut down to fit in bags. I'm not sure about this one, I was thinking that the front of the fore stock broke or cracked badly and the fix was just to cut it off at the rear band. I guess the soldier that brought it back could have cut it at the back and then just broke it off at the front.