What is Ted up too

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by 22WRF, Nov 28, 2007.

1. 22WRF

22WRF Well-Known Member

MULLEN, Neb. (AP) - Ted Turner's men didn't flinch. As the price climbed past $8 million, $9 million, $9.5 million, they continued bidding at a rapid-fire pace.

When the auction was over, they walked away with what they came for: 26,300 acres of prime ranch land, at a cost of nearly $10 million.

Turner has amassed 2 million acres over the past two decades to become the largest private landowner in the country. He owns large chunks of land in 11 states, with most of his holdings in New Mexico, Nebraska, Montana and South Dakota, and is restoring buffalo, cutthroat trout, wolves, black-footed ferrets and other flora and fauna that filled the Plains before the West was won.

His front men say their boss doesn't have a secret agenda

http://apnews.myway.com//article/20071128/D8T6U9V00.html
  2. ponycar17

ponycar17 Active Member

Hey, if I had the money, I'd do the same just to prevent these sorry developers from creating massive honeycombs of 1/4 acre lots... :D
  3. Bruce FLinch

Bruce FLinch New Member

DITTO!

Sounds like he is being reasaonable w/ the land. Don't think I will ever go on a $12,000 hunting trip, tho!
  4. noslolo

noslolo New Member

I would do the same, if I had that type on money, I don't so I only own 12 acres:( What worries me about Ted is the land that he purchased that inflect upon the water sources.