What is the best .300 Win Mag optics choice?

Discussion in 'Technical Questions & Information' started by jodog74, Jan 11, 2011.

1. jodog74

jodog74 New Member

Well, for the second time in my life, I had an elk shot out of my scope. Both times were long range (500+) and I had time to do the hold-over math. Or so I thought. I decided to step up to a .300 Win Mag and would like to put a balistic specific scope on it. I think this will speed up my shooting time and maybe allow me to get the critter to fall down in my scope from MY bullet. Does anyone have any advice or suggestions regaurding the type of scope or long range shooting advice?
  2. dragman

dragman New Member

I would suggest a Leupold VXIII with the CDS in probably 4.5-14 40mm You can't get specialized turrets for what ever grain your shooting.