What is the best holster for snub nose 38

Discussion in 'Centerfire Pistols & Revolvers' started by cbrown, Dec 5, 2008.

1. cbrown

cbrown New Member

What is the best holster for a snub nose 38
  2. oscarmayer

oscarmayer New Member

so many types it depends on how you want to carry it. other might not agree but stay away from the cheap nylon type ( uncle mikes) type. get a well made leather holster made to fit your gun.
  3. RunningOnMT

RunningOnMT New Member

A lot depends on what you are comfortable with and what your personal physical characteristics are. Some people have shorter arms than others and may not be able to reach as well to the small of the back while others don't like the feel of a one placed too far forward on the hip. I picked up a beautifully made leather inside the pants holster at a gun show. It fit my .38like a glove and allowed a nice clean draw (when not worn). Only problem was I had so much blubber around my middle that when I was wearing it, I couldn't find it it lol. I'm saving it for after the diet. Just don't feel like you are commited to any particular type once you've purchased it. If it doesn't feel right...throw it in a drawer or give it to someone and find another. Try out all kinds and pick one that both feels good and allows for easy accesss and a smooth draw.
  4. cbrown

cbrown New Member

thanks guys
  5. Dirtypacman

Dirtypacman New Member

I am comfortable with a in-waist nylon holster - I just brought it over to store and fitted each style until I found one with good retention - mine's made by "Elite"
  6. delta13soultaker

delta13soultaker New Member

Don Hume H715-M W.C.(3T-2)

Go to this website:

http://www.donhume.com/index.php?main_page=site_map

Select your weapon. You will see several holster styles, but maybe not with your weapon. Just click the style/price that you like. There will be a drop down bar again to choose your exact weapon, and one for barrel length, color, L/R hand etc etc.

I personally like these holsters. You can pay as low as $25 for quality no frills leather, or $175+, depending on your taste. I have Don Humes I've been carrying for years now that still look new. Their price is for leather is better than some nylon/kydex holsters at other places.
  7. Hume builds a very good holster, Delta. I have several of them myself. Another one to consider is the Kramer MSP, at least if you like a paddle design. That is the most comfortable holster I've ever used.
  8. Silver Fox

Silver Fox New Member

I own two of the Kramer MSP(Michigan State Police - these are standard issue for the State police) Paddle for S&W Model 2" Revolver and my Beretta 92D Centurion. The paddle for the revolver is made of cowhide(less expensive) and the the paddle for the Beretta is made of horsehide(more expensive). The horsehide is stiffer and will support the largest of firearms without losing shape! Checkout Ebay, that's where I bought mine bramd new and far cheaper than $180.00!

Iown a few Don Hume holsters also these are great holsters also! Check out:

Bob Mernickle: www.mernickleholsters.com

Ted Blocker : www.tedblockerholsters.com/gallery.php

F.I.ST. : www.fist-inc.com

Also Check Out These Holsters which are similiar to Fobus BUT Different:

RSR HOLSTERS:

www.israeli-weapons.com/store/side_arm-accessori

http://www.botachtactical.com/rsrtahoset.html * Here you get a FREE Mag Pouch

http://stores.ebay.com/IDF-Surplus

www.cdnninvestments.com/rsrdehose.html

The RSR are extremely light and completely rotational , can be worn strong side,sob and cross draw! Great for the price and comfort!
  9. Terry_P

Terry_P New Member

10. delta13soultaker

delta13soultaker New Member

Yes, Kramer = quality. Good call.
  11. redrick

redrick New Member

If you want a good holster fast look at Galco or Bianchi. My favorite is a KD Leather holster. I have a UBG Shark for sale for a S&W 2" J Frame.
    1 KD
    2 Bianchi
    3 UBG Shark

Attached Files: