1. Get Gear'd Up! Enter to WIN $1000 in gear!

Please Click Here for full details and to enter. You will need to be registered and logged in to view the details and to participate.

Thanks and good luck to everyone

What is the best pocket pistol at any price?

Discussion in 'Self Defense Tactics & Weapons' started by Guest, Feb 23, 2003.

1. Guest

Guest Guest

Rich in Lincoln
    (2/21/02 1:58:35 pm)
    Reply | Edit | Del All What is the best pocket pistol at any price?
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Ok,
    We went over a few different pistols under $200 and came up with a good few work horses, now (within reason) what is the best concealed carry pistol at any price? I feel when it comes to my protection (and the protection of my loved ones) I don’t mind coughing up a little more cash!

Here are two I have been looking at:

Bond Arms Super Defender loaded with two .450 Bond Supers (100 grain .45 ACP at 2400 fps with 1250 ft-lbs.)

Kel-Tec in .40 S&W (I’d like a barrel in .357 sig)

I have a Glock 33 (.357 sig) that I have spent more cash than the gun costs on uncomfortable gimmicky holsters that don’t work. I also installed grip extensions to my mags that improved the shot ability without much of a sacrifice in concealabality.

Please add to the list, and list why you believe your choice is the best.

-Rich

LIKTOSHOOT
    *TFF Senior Staff*
    (2/21/02 2:18:26 pm)
    Reply | Edit | Del Re: What is the best pocket pistol at any price?
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Kahr in 9mm or .40. I prefer the 9mm in this pistol.

Kel-Tec, not to shabby either

Regards LTS

Edited by: LIKTOSHOOT at: 2/21/02 2:23:06 pm

AntiqueDr
    *TFF Senior Staff*
    (2/21/02 2:22:02 pm)
    Reply | Edit | Del
    ezSupporter
    Re: What is the best pocket pistol at any price?
    Springfield Armory MicroCompact .45 ACP
    Kimber Ultra CDP II .45 ACP
    Wilson Combat Stealth .45 ACP

1911-pattern .45 ACP. The standard by which all others are judged.

We Buy Guns! 1 - 100, Antique or Modern!
    www.apaxenterprises.com

Rich in Lincoln
    (2/21/02 2:34:38 pm)
    Reply | Edit | Del What is the best pocket pistol at any price?
    "1911-pattern .45 ACP. The standard by which all others are judged."

OH YA! Nothing like a .45 ACP!

Two .45s to the center of mass is much better than a whole swarm of .32 ACPs
    Lesser calibers strive to achieve .45 inches dia..

-Rich

wadwizard
    (2/25/02 4:54:25 pm)
    Since the criteria is "pocket pistol", my hands-down choice is my 1903 (190 Colt Pocket Hammerless in .380. Plenty of defensive power, flat, thin, concealable, fast out of concealment, reliable, safe to the user (loaded chamber indicator/grip safety). I own and have owned most "pocket" and carry pistols from .22s to .45s, and this c. 1922 produced Colt is my #1 choice. You can still find them (in .380 or .32) for a couple of hundred bucks to $500 depending on condition if you look around.

WyomingSwede
    *TFF Senior Staff*
    (3/2/02 9:29:42 am)
    Pocket pistol at any price??? Hands down...9mm P-7 heckler & Koch squeeze cocker. Most accurate auto I have ever fired. However get out the billfold, they aint cheap. swede
    Wyoming Swede

noital2
    (12/27/02 9:36:17 pm)
    Reply | Edit | Del It would take a big pocket for some of those
    models. A blowback 380 might as well be a .22, for all the "power" it lacks. The polymer framed, 16 oz 6"long, PM compact Kahr, rechambered to 356TSW, is about the best you can come up with, without extensive gunsmithing. I much prefer cocked and locked SA autos, though. So it's a 6.2"(cocked) 19 oz, 6 rd mag, "chopped' Star BM 9mm, rechambered to 356. If you had to pay a competent smith to create such, the price would be $2000, to include 2 spare mags, and luminous sights.
  2. confederatemule

confederatemule New Member

Oklahoma, Arkansas, Louisiana, corner of Texas
    The question is "What is the best pocket pistol at any price?" The key word here is "pocket".

I haven't found it yet, but I lean towards the "airweight, featherweight, what ever," light hammerless revolvers. I don't own one, but I think I would be able to carry one in my jeans front pocket and it not be detected.

Apparently my pockets aren't as big as some peoples pockets. I also have a problem with the disease called "noassatal", it is hard to keep my pants up with much weight in my pockets.

Oops, I done said too much.

Mule
    -----------------------------------
    "If you want to keep shooting, support the NRA and the Second Amendment Foundation."...??

"I ain't got nowher to go, nothin to do when I git there, and if'n I'da been in a hurry, I'da started yesterdy"...Mule
  3. DWARREN123

DWARREN123 New Member

How big is your pocket? Too many to list.
    I have heard some call a Glock 26/27 pocket pistols.
    Also which pocket, front, rear or cargo?
  4. sabashimon

sabashimon New Member

5. pawn

pawn Active Member

WOW! Amazing pistol, high price point.

I had never heard of them before, thanks sabashimon.
  6. ponycar17

ponycar17 Active Member

Kahr PM40... .40 Cal. and fits in the pocket with a nice pocket holster that masks print. I know this is an old post but I also noticed that Kahr was even mentioned way back then. :D

If your duds are a bit tighter, I'd go with the Ruger LCP in .380. I've got the KelTec P3AT that I carry when the Kahr just won't do. In my opinion the KelTec has some work to do in the area of case extraction. Mine is not 100% reliable with all ammo in that department. Hotter loads tend to cause more failures to extract in the P3AT.
    Last edited: Jul 25, 2009
  7. Doc1911

Doc1911 New Member

In my "pocket" I prefer a revolver:

[​IMG]
  8. johnlives4christ

johnlives4christ Former Guest

i have a smith and wesson 642 and i cant hide it in any pockets well. i can get it in my front all the way, but you definately see it's a pistol. and unless it is laying sideways it always sticks out of the top just a tad either front of back, i wear wranglers by the way. and im fat so i wear a big size.
  9. Doc1911

Doc1911 New Member

I live in Fl, so we wear baggy shorts - 9-10 months per year. I use a Nemesis holster which conceals the outline of the weapon very well and my pockets are deep enough to conceal he weapon completely. When I shop for shorts the S&W comes with me to check the pocket depth and room.
  10. kingchip

kingchip New Member

kel-TEC P3-AT is a .380 or Kel-Tec PT-9 is a 9mm. real light, under 3 bills and lifetime guarantee. I also wear shorts about 10 months of the year, and am posterior defecient. I don't need anything that helps the shorts slide down, and I can't do the street thug thing.
  11. techoca

techoca New Member

Smith & Wesson J frame in a Mika's pocket holster. The gun will not print and most importantly the holster stays in your pocket when you draw the gun.

Attached Files:

12. TranterUK

TranterUK Guest

About as good as it gets for a pocket gun in my view.
  13. 45nut

45nut Active Member

Kel-Tec PF-9 in my strong side front pocket
  14. Just One Shot

Just One Shot Member

For me it's the Ruger LCP.

Lightweight, comfortable carry piece for when a larger frame/caliber is out of the question.
  15. Boogieman

Boogieman Member

Interarmco U.S. made PPK 380 When my Colt 1911 just won't fit