What is the best pocket pistol at any price?

Discussion in 'Self Defense Tactics & Weapons' started by Guest, Feb 23, 2003.

1. off duty

off duty New Member

Kel-Tec P32 Back pocket.
  2. macro01

macro01 New Member

best pocket pistol for me are the north american arms guardian pistols and keltec P380?ruger LCP
  3. confederedneck

confederedneck New Member

My Kel Tec P-3AT .380 is always in my front pocket, I love it!!!
  4. AngelDeville

AngelDeville New Member

Seecamp 32 is always in my pocket, it replaced a Kel-tec p3at which was also a good gun I just prefer the Seecamp.
  5. 300 H&H

300 H&H Active Member

Here is a most interesting one soon to be in production. It uses a novel rear ward unloading mag, as well a very long barrel relative to it's size. It is also oddly a modern remake of the british Mars pistols of nearly a century ago.

http://bobergengineering.com/

Check out the animations of a cutaway view. Most interesting, as it drags the cartridge rearward to a carrier/lifter that raises it up to the bore centerline. Thus the barrel is actualy above the clip, giving it full length barrel performance in a true compact size pistol. And two lug turn bolt style locking. Cool.....:):D:D
  6. Hammerslagger

Hammerslagger New Member

For many years the MI State Police carried S&W M38 (special light mfg.) "Lightweight Bodyguards". When you observed a MSP doing a traffic stop he or she often had their hand on the "Bodyguard" not the holster pistol. The MSP has an excellent reputation for firearms training and proficiency.

Today the very pricey (12 oz. empty, & about 14 oz. loaded) S&W models 360 (or DAO 340 second choice) loaded with 357 mag and carried in a pocket holster. Put a Tritium night sight on the front. It WILL FIRE 5 times (every time) if you need it to. Single action, an Expert can take out "goblins" well beyond 25 yards. {If you are shy about sharp recoil, load with 38's.}

"J" frame short barrel S&W's are one of the few products that I recommend. The new Ruger is probably a good revolver; but I have not had the opportunity to test one, and they do not have a 55 year track record, yet.
  7. swanny15

swanny15 New Member

I just purchased a Kahr p380 and i really like it. put 50 rounds thru it with no problems. Great trigger and extremely accurate for a small pistol.
  8. Helix_FR

Helix_FR Active Member

That closely resembles the Lorcin 25 and 380.:eek: Based on the price its not the same and obviously a much better reputation.
  9. MutedUziel

MutedUziel New Member

+1!!!

I carry my P32 always... Fits well in jeans, shorts, even in the pocket of my pajama pants when I am at home.
  10. scudrunner

scudrunner New Member

For my "pocket"

Ruger LCP.....

Small, light, thin, nothing on the outside to hang up in your "pocket" like a hammer, safety, or a slide catch, low profile sights, 6+1.....

The price is right to.....Around $300.00

Attached Files:

Last edited: Oct 30, 2009
  11. Dennis C

Dennis C New Member

I have heard many good things about the Sig P238, there was a write up about it in my last guns and ammo magazine and they liked it a lot too. They are about $500

Attached Files:

12. user

user Active Member

Northern piedmont of Va. and Middle of Nowhere, We
    Agree, but just because you've got the cash don't mean you've got to throw it away. The increment of difference in quality and reliability between the Kahr PM9 and the Rohrbaugh is so slight that it's not worth the difference in cash. The PM9 is the best value pocket pistol, in my opinion.
  13. Johnny Knoxville

Johnny Knoxville New Member

My preferences and I researched for a couple of years. All 16 ounces or lighter loaded.

M&P 340 with Crimson Trace 405 grips in a Mika Roundcut pocket holster.

[​IMG]

Reload, Bianchi Speedstrip in a 2/2 split.

[​IMG]

Seecamp LWS 380

[​IMG]

Kahr PM 9

[​IMG]

Seecamp compared with a J Frame

[​IMG]
    Last edited: Nov 27, 2009
  14. confederatemule

confederatemule New Member

Oklahoma, Arkansas, Louisiana, corner of Texas
    Since my original post [#2] in this thread, I now have a Ruger LCP and LCR. They both carry well. They are both fine guns for pocket carry.
    I still like carrying my old stand by's, NAA 22Mag Revolver and/or NAA 22LR Revolver and/or Bauer 25 Automatic.
    The Kahr CW9 and MK9 are a little too heavy, but I do like them.

Mule
  15. yrralguthrie

yrralguthrie New Member

One thing to consider when choosing a pocket gun. They will break more often than a larger gun. If I remember correctly the mainspring on the Rohrbourgh, Seacamp, LCP and Keltec are supposed to be replaced after 200-300 rounds.

I'm not saying these guns are not well made. They are just small and take a beating when fired. So do your hands. Most are not pleasant to practice with.
    If you do a lot of practice be very sure to keep it clean and maintained. I broken mainspring in a self-defense situation would not be good.

A compact 1911 doesn't carry well in a pocket, but is easily concealed in a IWB holster.

ljg