What is the best Tokarev Pistol?

Discussion in 'Curio & Relics Forum' started by AdamMO, Feb 20, 2011.

1. AdamMO

AdamMO New Member

I love my two Tokarev pistols. I love how cheap they are, I love the triggers, I love how plentiful and cheap the ammo is, I love the power and noise of the round, did I mention that I love my Tokarev?

I think they are the absolute best buy is pistols, you just cant beat them, IMHO.

What do you guys think? Whats your favorite Tokarev pistol? Am I alone with having a love affair with my Tok?:cool:
  2. grcsat

grcsat Member

I have the model t33 Tokarev. It has some very good qualitys.
    Its reasonably acuate.
    It is reliable.
    You can drive over it with your truck. Long story......
    Leave it in the bottom of your boat over winter and it still works. Another long story...
    Ammo is cheap.
    The gun is cheap enough to have one at home and at the lake and in the airplane and the........
    The one thing I don't like is , it is UGLY like the old dog that you love anyway.
    This is my favorite pistol I take when I know I will be spending some time deep in the woods.

And yes I do have several of them.
  3. Jim K

Jim K New Member

Like most of the former East Bloc stuff, the Russians did it first and did it best.

Jim
  4. gdmoody

gdmoody Moderator Supporting Member

Mine is the Norinco Type 56 version with a 9mm barrel in it. One of these days, I am going to buy a 7.62 x 25 barrel for it. A have a case or two of 7.62 ammo.
  5. Toolmanroberts

Toolmanroberts New Member

Mine is a Czechoslovakian model 52. Its a great gun. I've fired hundreds of rounds with out a misfire or malfunction. Ammo has really gone up over the last 10 years so I think I will just start punching out my own. As far as a love affair goes I love all my guns equally. I have no favorites. The ugly part just gives it some character.
  6. AdamMO

AdamMO New Member

Yes,
    I also have the cz52, it is such a unique piece. I am looking to buy another 52, along with another Tokarev. I have the Romanian and Yugoslavian, maybe I will pick up a POlish, if I can find one. The ammo may have gone up in price, but it's still really really cheap for a full house pistol round. Let me know if you start reloading, I may have some brass for you.
  7. Boris

Boris Former Guest

I have fired alot of Tokarev pistols. CZ52s are like Glocks, great working beating around guns. My brother has a Polish TT33 and I fired it at 20 yards with variuos milsurp loads. They all were able to put full mags into just over 2" POI was POA. They are about twice as accurate as any CZ52 I have fired....
  8. Jim K

Jim K New Member

I am a bit confused. When did the CZ52 become a Tokarev? It fires the same ammo, but it sure is not the same gun.

Jim
  9. gdmoody

Jim, I think there may be some confusion because of the same ammo, possibly.

Hey guys here is the difference in a Tok and a CZ-52. Number 1 picture is a Tokarev and number 2 picture is a CZ-52:
    Last edited: Apr 23, 2013
  10. AdamMO

AdamMO New Member

Yes we know there is a difference, but for comm bloc purposes, they are in the same category. They cost about the same, were built around the same time, shoot the same ammo, etc. I know the 52 is not a Tok, but come on, give me a break.
  11. 7.62 Nato

7.62 Nato New Member

I've got a Norinco copy in 9mm and recently purchased the TT33 in 7.62x25. That's one hot little .30 ! Time to pick up a couple cases of ammo and maybe a carbine to compliment it. Since we can't have SBRs in MI, I'd prefer the longer barreled carbine to the "pistol" with an inoperable folding stock.
  12. gdmoody

Sorry, but it didn't sound like it there for a minute!!
  13. AdamMO

AdamMO New Member

Well thats why we need clarification sometimes, thanks,
  14. Cautious Bob

Cautious Bob New Member

I am the fortunate owner of two fireball Tokarevs: One Russian TT33, and also a Yugo M57. The major difference being the M57 has a 9 round magazine; the TT has an 8 round mag.
    They are both a blast to shoot. Any of my friends who have fired them always have big grins on their faces when handing them back.
    The other things that make them fun are: They are inexpensive to purchase, they are tough and dependable, the ammo is cheap and plentiful, and, oh, I don't think they are that dog-ugly. Actually I think the designers tried to make it look like the 1911 and gave it a pretty flat profile; think flat of the back carry.
    Anyhow, I like mine! CB
  15. permafrost

permafrost Active Member

I love the Yugo's! superbly built and longer grip w/one extra round. I have two and a Norinco 213 9mm. It's a good gun and the barrel swaps right into the yugo w/bushing. I think the Tok trigger is easier to clean up than the 1911(insert flame here) . Nice to take it all out and see it as you work it. Now if someone would just come out with a decent adjustable rear sight, I'd be a happy camper!
  16. duck32man

duck32man Member

Can someone clarify 7.62 vs 32acp? Are they interchangeable? Can you shoot 32acp in a tokarev?
  17. 303

303 New Member

18. duck32man

duck32man Member

Sorry I meant to ask about 7.65 and 32ACP which I see is the same. So euro guns should be able to shoot 32acp. Thanks
  19. tntrucker

tntrucker New Member

I have 2 TT-33's, Romanian and a Polish. Fun gun, powerful, cheap ammo. Being a lefty, those ad on safeties stink. How did the Eastern Block people carry them (safety was added for import),no round in chamber and have to rack it?
  20. permafrost

permafrost Active Member

This space reserved!
    Last edited: Mar 15, 2011