What is the difference between Taurus Millenium and PRO series pistols??

Discussion in 'Centerfire Pistols & Revolvers' started by Licksnsticks, Mar 12, 2009.

1. Licksnsticks

Licksnsticks New Member

Well another newbie question. In searching for a holster for my new PT111 Millenium PRO pistol I keep coming across the phrase "does not fit PRO model pistols". I thought the Millenium and PRO were one and the same pistol??? IS there a Taurus model that is just designated "Millenium" and not PRO?? If so what is the difference?? When I go to the Taurus site they offer only a heading under pistols of "Millenium PRO" no just "Millenium" . I am just confused and frustrated because when doing a search for a holster I keep coming up with ads that say Fits PT111 millenium but then in the text say "Does not fit PT145 or any PRO model pistols"
    Thanks before hand for the help
    I am looking for a paddle holster for this gun Suggestions appreciated
    CHet
  2. gdmoody

gdmoody Moderator Supporting Member

The only difference that I can find is that the PRO model has better ergonomics, posi-traction slide serrations, recessed magazine release, manual safety lever, trigger block mechanism, firing oin block, adjustable rear sight, and a lightweight frame. Just about every PT-*** Taurus made seems to have a PRO model which sales for a little less than a "regular" model.
  3. Licksnsticks

Licksnsticks New Member

So they actually made two different pistols, The Millenium and the Milleniuum Pro?? Take my new PT111 for instance. It says Millenium on one side and Pro on the other. Did they make a pistol called just the PT111 Millenium??
    This may seem like a moot point but it is not when looking for a holster for my pistol, believe me.
    Thank you again
    CHet
  4. CampingJosh

CampingJosh Moderator

Hey Chet.

The Millennium Pro series is the third generation of the Taurus pistols. The second generation (and perhaps the first; I don't recall off hand) was titled simply Millennium.
    The Pro series seems to have worked out many of the kinks that were common in the first and second generations.

As for a holster, I can't really help. Hopefully someone will come along shortly and be able to do that for you.
  5. CampingJosh

CampingJosh Moderator

6. Licksnsticks

Licksnsticks New Member

Josh
    Thank you for the info. I now understand about the different generations of the PT111, thank GOd. The site you gave for a holster actually had exactly what I have been looking for. (not quite the one you linked to but close haha) It states PT145 and all Pro models finally and is a paddle holster with adjustable angle. Thank you thank you thank you.
    I did like 10 web searches and have been on at least 25 different sites selling holsters. I found some that would fit but they were either almost as much as the gun cost or just not what I was looking for. Fobus had a paddle holster I liked but it said "not for the PT145 or any PRO model pistols" even though it was advertised for Taurus Millenium Pistols. Thus my confusion leading to my original post.
    Thanks again Josh and others also
    Chet
  7. jnewton

jnewton New Member

I have a taurus pt 111 pro, i bought a holster for a pt111 and it does not fit. The one i had to buy is a fobus paddle holster. SP11B is the model number. its a perfect fit!
  8. SleepZombie

SleepZombie New Member

9. therewolf

therewolf New Member

Well, the Millenium is a port side anchor, and the

pro-series are starboard side anchors.:D

Seriously, the Millenium, when properly unloaded

and blocked by a qualified professional, make

a fine paperweight...
  10. MadScotsMan

MadScotsMan Member

I believe the Pro has a rail and the others do not. The Taurus is fine pistol.
  11. CJ_56

CJ_56 New Member

The main difference between the Pro models and the Mil. models is that some are SA/DA while others are DA only. I don't remember exactly which is which. I do know my Mil. Pro. is a SA/DA model.

There are other differences. Like someone said, the Pro versions had the kinks worked out (which were minor on the 2nd gen. models (mags that dropped out without pushing the button). The 1st gen. models had more serious issues like cracked frames.

I have to point out that I've put 6000 rounds through my PT-145 Mil Pro and it has never failed to function in any way. No failures to feed, no failures to extract - nothing. I did have ONE round that didn't fire on the first strike but it did fire on the second strike. You can pull the trigger a second time and hit the same round again. The second pull is in DA mode though. The rest of the time mine is SA. But that problem was very clearly a problem with the cartridge, not the gun. If it was the gun I would have seen it many more times. One time only it had to be the bullet.

My pistol is also very accurate. I once shot two empty casings with two shots at 20 yards. My friend said he wanted to see what I could really do and he hung 3 empty cases on weeds. One was at 25 yards and two were at 20 yards. I hit the first two at 20 yards on the first try each time. I never did hit the other one. I only fired a single mag at it. I was just barely missing it though but still it showed me exactly how far the gun was totally accurate. Considering the barrel length that's pretty danged accurate IMO. At 20 yards it equals the accuracy of my Sig P220 but beyond that it drops off gradually. By 30 yards it probably wouldn't hit a person but that's a long shot for a small, carry pistol. I'm still amazed they got 10 + 1 rounds of .45 ACP in the space they did too. I definitely got my money's worth with that pistol.
  12. terryu1

terryu1 Armed Infidel Supporting Member

My Taurus 24/7 Pro Compact. .40 s&w is SA/DA