What is the freest state in the union?

Discussion in 'The Constitutional & RKBA Forum' started by RunningOnMT, Jan 17, 2009.

1. K75RT

K75RT Member

VERMONT- they have no permit to carry concealed or open. You only need to be an American citizen and have "no malice in your heart". Any citizen of the USA can legally carry in the state of Vermont no permit no BS. Hard to believe in the liberal bastion of New England and Vt is the former home of the head of the DNC Howard Dean (Governor)......
  2. RunningOnMT

RunningOnMT New Member

Interesting list. Of note is Vermonts standing which is far lower than i would have expected, but what in the world is wrong with Alabama?
  3. bcj1755

bcj1755 New Member

Hmmm....NC is 13th. I wonder why. We have to have a permit to buy a handgun. We have to have a permit to carry concealed. We do have open carry without a permit. We are not required to keep firearms unloaded or locked. We can carry a loaded handgun concealed in a vehicle with a CHP or in plain view without a CHP. I'd figure the Brady whackadoos would rate NC a lot lower than 13th.:rolleyes:
  4. GMFWoodchuck

GMFWoodchuck New Member

It's not a state, but definitely D.C. The criminals own whatever they want.
  5. dge479

dge479 New Member

It ain't NJ
  6. gdmoody

gdmoody Moderator Supporting Member

Look like Georgia is kinda mid range. I think that it should have move a little higher (lower on that list) in 2008 since some gun laws changed, for the better, last year.
  7. flintlock

flintlock Well-Known Member

Vermont. Concealed carry, open carry, no license requirement, no problems. of course you do have to be at least 16, and not be carrying with the intent to do harm. No state have less legal blocks to the right to carry, in my opinion. And yet I live next door , in a very restrictive state.

John
  8. dge479

dge479 New Member

And that restrictive state has higher crime. Hmmmm