what is the most reliable semi auto pistol

Discussion in 'The Ask the Pros & What's It Worth? Forum' started by oleoneeye9381, Jul 28, 2011.

1. 3/2 STA SS

3/2 STA SS Active Member

Carried a Glock for years as a deputy sheriff. Yeah they will go bang when you pull the trigger and are reliable but accuracy suffers and I hate the plastic frame. (just me speaking) Now a Revolver...there is a reason why they still make them. S/W 642 is my daily carry gun. If I can't get the job done with 5 rounds of +p and the speedloaders then I have a problem.
    Last edited: Aug 3, 2011
  2. terryu1

terryu1 Armed Infidel Supporting Member

Agreed, my Taurus 24/7 ProC .40 S&W has NEVER misfired. They built it for frequent use and so far I have been very happy. Especially finding it used at local gun shop for $250.
  3. jonboyc

jonboyc New Member

I know I've brought this gun up about a bagillion times already on this forum but you should seriously check out the Ruger SR9/SR9c. I have half a dozen pistols an I live next door to my dad and grandfather and all together we have probably 30 pistols that are all less than 10 years old. Of them all, our favorite is the SR9c. It's the only gun that all three of us own. Generally we don't buy a gun that one of the other of us have because we all shoot together but the gun is so great to shoot and is perfect for conceal carry so we all bought one. It has a great trigger that has a 5lb pull that can easily be modded down to a 3.5lb pull. I used it to qualify for my conceal carry class in which you have to put 16 out of 20 rounds into a fairly large target. I managed to put 18 of 20 rounds into the bullseye,granted it was a large bullseye and was only 7 yards away, but none the less I'm pretty accurate with it.
  4. Teejay9

Teejay9 New Member

Southwest Corner of the US, "Where no stinking fen
    I put my life on the reliability on JMB's 1911A1. Never fails. TJ
  5. savage170

savage170 Member

For under 500.00 My CZ 75 has never had a Hic-up about 3,000rds thru it now
  6. graehaven

graehaven Active Member

External safety. No thanks!