1. Get Gear'd Up! Enter to WIN $1000 in gear!

Please Click Here for full details and to enter. You will need to be registered and logged in to view the details and to participate.

Thanks and good luck to everyone

What is the Value of this Russian Tokarev??

Discussion in 'The Ask the Pros & What's It Worth? Forum' started by jreed1980, Jul 22, 2012.

1. jreed1980

jreed1980 New Member

I am looking to purchase this pistol. I researched what these guns go for...and I am findng value to be anywhere from 400 to 600. The guy is asking 750...I feel that is too much for its condition. He says it has special markings which make it more valuable...I do not see any. Can anyone help me out on this gun with the real value...and some background? What should I pay?

Attached Files:

2. jack404

jack404 Former Guest

1936 Tokarev SVT yeah , ( a rifle not pistol) this ... not that i can see $450 or there abouts max sorry

the RED receivers are rarer and worth a bit more , this aint one sorry ..

i know 33,000 where recently imported to the USA i posted pic's of the bins full being selected

tok's aint that expencive but are a bang for buck gun

i like em .. but $750 i'd buy a heap less expensive one and a heap of ammo and have a ball

this is a first model TT33 it took over from the TT30 the year before (1935 ) some late 35 and early 36 makes had a reddish finish ( a impurity in the steel ) and meny where scrapped until it was explained the colour did nothing to the metal

these are the collectable ones its thought there maybe 1000 of them only

your TT33 model 1 is a nice gun but not that collectable
    Last edited: Jul 22, 2012
  3. Hammerslagger

Hammerslagger New Member

Well stated, jack404.
  4. 3/2 STA SS

3/2 STA SS Active Member

I would counter offer with 450. If he doesn't want it then walk...
  5. jack404

jack404 Former Guest

call a mate of mine in canada

surplus city

http://www.surpluscity.ca/frame.cfm?ItemID=185&CategoryID=13

dunno if you can transfer or costs but he bought a heap of the ones i sent to canada

good bloke not a thief

$215 Canadian ( i wholesaled em at $180 12 months ago ) sorted russian polish czech and romanians all from Cambodia

he only bought ruski's
  6. jreed1980

jreed1980 New Member

I emailed him about purchasing some TT33's and found he had some SKS rifles as well I would be interested. I do have my own 03 FFL. If he can not transfer to me from Canada could I ever buy from you? I would love to buy in bulk.
  7. jjmitchell60

jjmitchell60 Active Member

Raised in Buzzard Roost near Frog Town in hillls o
    The Russian olnes sell real well around here mainly beiong no safety. Now why that is, no clue. IF you have capture papers, or proo of bring back, eben more. I say the $450 is on about any day and at some shopws maybe $100 higher depending on who is looking. I have one and it was a VietNam bring back. The man who brought it back is a family friend and was a very good friend to my late father. Gave it to him teh day he made it back home after discharge. I was given it later on before dad passsed away. Would not sell mine but have been offered more than $450 with the paper work.
    Funny story is the same good family friend brought back a couple the proper way and 2 AKs th illegal way. one day 2 men dressed in suits knocked on his door asking for him to turn in the 2 AKs with no charges to be filed. he hem hawed around saying he did not have them. They told him exactly where in the attic he had the hid. He gave em up toot sweet. That is what happens when you get a nasty divorce!!!! Seems a woman scorned talks, A LOT! The men in suoits told him that his soon to be former wife had called them. We get a good laugh out of that to this day when I see him.
  8. jack404

jack404 Former Guest

I ship to canada as Australia is also a Commonwealth ( British ) nation and theres a thing called the CTA ( comm. trade agreement) lifes so much simpler . they recognise my dealers licence here , there ! and we honour there licenses here ..

i deal mainly through marstar in canada as they are pretty big but still personalble , i can call and get the person i'm after without 500 buttons , surplus city he buys a lot through them too (they have a auction house as well for real collectables) and put a few orders here to me for his customers via marstar ,

I currently only have a EXPIRED Non Resident Alien Permit for the USA , I have to get to the US again and stay 90 days etc etc etc etc ad infinitum to get that , i can sell to agents but the fee's are huge ,, also i have no link to SKS's or such , i helped broker a load of confiscated weapons (pistols only) from Cambodia to Canada, to raise cash for the demining operations over there .. , i'm working on AK's but thats contentious to the hilt , the pistols could stop over in Australia in a bonded warehouse , a machine gun , and lots of them ?? man , thats tough ...

i am mixed up with demilled AK's but thats helping a bunch of US guys get stuff in for parts kits , i've contacts in Cambodia , just not the $500,000 buy in your looking to do real business there

sorry , i ship em there so they sell

Bud's bought some and other places too ,

add transfer and tax and etc, and you see them in the US plus a small ( i hope ) mark up

good luck ..

besides i dont sell that cheap retail ( i wish) ;)

honest ,i sell (dep on what make model nation etc) $415 here but theres $128 in taxes and fee's in that too
    Last edited: Jul 23, 2012
  9. FlashBang

FlashBang Member

A 03 FFL allows you to purchase C&R firearms out of country and have it delivered to you. I have never done it myself however and am not sure how much Customs and other assorted paperwork/costs would be involved.
  10. skullfr

skullfr New Member

11. jack404

jack404 Former Guest

tok's aint expencive , its the gov part that costs

great fun shooters , enjoy
  12. old semperfi

old semperfi Active Member

i live in southern indiana,old country boy at hear
    not getting deep and dark but my neck of the woods they are a 200 gun and not real popular unless you cant afford more. old semperfi
  13. jack404

jack404 Former Guest

thats where they should be OSF, but i stocked up on ammo years ago .. so they be cheap plinkers , lotsa fun
  14. jreed1980

jreed1980 New Member

Can someone look at another post I have? It is titled Luger value? It is a ww1 Luger rearsenaled for ww2. And it has an x under trigger guard......Russian capture? What do you all think?
  15. jack404

jack404 Former Guest

i'm useless on Lugers sorry ,