what is this?

Discussion in 'The Ask the Pros & What's It Worth? Forum' started by kalash, Nov 18, 2006.

1. kalash

kalash New Member

i recieved this gun from my grand dad years ago. any idea of the history behind these things. ive herd every thing from ww2 german training rifles to late 1800s comercial rifles. i havent found anyone yeat to convence me of there knowlege about these guns. i baught a second one today but still dont have any info. the second one is totally different. besides looking similar none of the parts are interchangeable, on a interesting note all of the markings are the same on both guns and neither have serial numbers. ill post pictures of the second gun when i can get my camera working.

click for bigger pictures.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
  2. SouthernMoss

SouthernMoss *Admin Tech Staff*

I'll move this to our Ask the Pros forum. Someone there should be able to help you.
  3. kalash

kalash New Member

heres another rifle i picked up yesterday.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
  4. kalash

kalash New Member

so no ones got a clue?
  5. Xracer

Xracer *TFF Admin Staff Mediator*

Give us a hint....

Rifled or smoothbore?

Centerfire or rimfire?

Caliber? or Guage?

Give us all of the writing on the gun, EXACTLY as it's written.
  6. BIGBOOMER

BIGBOOMER New Member

Those look like Ortgies .22 single-shots to me. I have an Ortgies that uses that same action, anyway. The first one appears to be a slightly higher grade than mine, the second one a slightly lower grade than mine. Mine shoots quite well for a simple little rifle. The German made Ortgies is better known for their 25 and 32 ACP auto pistols, now long out of print, but well made and good sellers in their day. I paid $65 for my Ortgies rifle a few years ago, and I think I got it for a very good price. :)
    Best regards, BIGBOOMER