The Firearms Forum banner

What is WWII 30 carbine worth?

2K views 7 replies 7 participants last post by  wonderwhippet 
#1 · (Edited by Moderator)
I was just wondering if someone could help me find a value for my 30 carbine. This gun belonged to my grandpa. He was issued it in WWII. He was a Colonel. It is the short one not the Garand. It is in perfect shape and has been shot within the last year. Just needs to be cleaned. It says "General Motors" on the barrel. By perfect shape, I mean it has been protected all its life, hasn't had excessive amount of rounds through it, with very minimal ageing. Does anyone want to point me in the right direction or guess on its worth? Thanks.

#4 ·
M1 carbines have been sold through the old DCM and through the CMP program, so they are not rare, plus several civilian makers have turned out copies, more or less accurate. Yours is original, and with a GM barrel is very likely an Inland (the maker will be under the rear sight ahead of the serial number).

With that being said, a picture or more information is needed. Does it have a folding stock? Does it have a windage adjustable rear sight? Does it have a bayonet lug? Is the safety a pushbutton or a turn type switch? What is on the magazine release button?

Jim

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.