What is your favorite 10/22 stock upgrade?

Discussion in '.22-Rimfire Forum' started by riderbob, Apr 26, 2003.

1. riderbob

riderbob New Member

Just west of " You sure do live a long way from
    Hello again

I am building my second 10/22 and would like to do something different than the houge that i did on the last one.
    Any suggestions? Would prefer synthetic over wood.

Thanks

Rider
  2. Zigzag2

Zigzag2 Guest

you may consider a Boyd's Blaster laminate

Attached Files:

3. Guest

Guest Guest

If'n ya wants a synthetic stock 'n a carbon laminate barrel to fiddle with, I gots boof uv 'um and will sell reel cheep!!

Tho't I'd lighten up the factory target rifle and lo, and behold, it got light, alright - too light for me. Don't think the combo was at the range more'n twice and shot less than a box of ammo thru it.

Let me know if interested.

kdubaz@msn.com
  4. riderbob

riderbob New Member

fav stock

Kdub

What type of a stock and barrel combo is it. Not really looking for a barrel but might take if a good deal. I have grown quite partial to the whistle pig barrel on my other gun. I wouldn't mind this one being light. It will be outfitted w/ gilmore red dot and used for quick shots on bunnies running through the sagebrush.

Thanks

Rider
  5. Guest

Guest Guest

Butler Creek stock and barrel-

Natchez Shooters Supply has the combo on sale for $141.74, plus all the s/h they tack on.

I'll let these go for $70.00, plus you pay the actual shipping costs from my place to yours. Fair enough?
  6. riderbob

riderbob New Member

fav stock

Kdub

Not zactly what I was looking for but my boy might be interested, will run it by him and let ya know.

Thanks

Rider
  7. eliseo

eliseo New Member

rosewood boyd blaster

got this from staffordsales.com unfinished. sanded, sanded, sanded, red oak stain, tung oil satin finish. love it.

Attached Files:

8. Smokin Guns

Smokin Guns New Member

Hey Zig...

Reckon we found some competition for ya...too bad it's right-handed...;) ...post up some pic's of some targets when ya can eliseo...:cool:
  9. riderbob

riderbob New Member

I like it too

Hey again eliseo

I like the look of that stock also. This is getting very hard to make a descision with all the info out there. Now I don't know if i want to build a target gun or another shooter. I am quite impressed with my first build but I wanted a gun with a red dot for my second build. ( runnin bunny shooter). I may have to trade scopes and just go ahead and build the target gun.

Thanks for all the input guys.

Rider
  10. eliseo

eliseo New Member

target

here's a scan of one of my targets. 50yds, wolf mt ammo. i'm not a SHOOTER/collector as much as i am a COLLECTOR/shooter, so the gun is capable of more that i can give it. this one has a 20" fluted barrel, and while i'm happy with it - the 18" boyd barrel i have on my other 10/22 is more accurate(in my opinion). i had the butler creek synstock/'carbonfiber' barrel combo on my other gun - would be great for a carry gun but not so good for target. the barrel was very accurate(in spite of what i had read elsewhere), but the gun was too light for a target gun. so i pulled the barrel and stock and replaced it with a fajen sporter and the 18" boyd barrel. i've just got too much time on my hands i guess!

I have to figure this picture thing out - i'm not sure how this is going to look at 102400 bytes.

Attached Files: