What is your favorite gun and why?

Discussion in 'Centerfire Pistols & Revolvers' started by 76Highboy, Jan 2, 2012.

1. 76Highboy

76Highboy Well-Known Member Supporting Member

My favorite gun is my stainless steel old model Ruger Vaquero 45 long colt. It is my favorite because I can hit well with it unlike any other gun I own. It is super fun to hunt rabbits with, and I have ran alot through it. It shoots anything I reload and always patterns well regardless of what I shoot through it. It has a 4 5/8" barrel and it spins easily in my hands. the guns I own I shoot alot, but this one is addictive. How about you.
  2. MSGT-R

MSGT-R Active Member

Even with all it's faults, I like my Sterling .380 because it's like the 45 I shot in the Corps, but smaller and easier to carry.
  3. American Leader

American Leader Well-Known Member

This is an impossible question to answer with only one firearm. If I were allowed one per caliber I might be able to, but it would still be hard!:eek: I actually love all my guns so much I can't pick just one favorite.
  4. 10 Spot Terminator

10 Spot Terminator New Member

Redmond Oregon ( middle of state refered to as Cen
    That would be my S&W Model 14. I can shoot that ol 38 all day with very manageable recoil, little exspense with cast boolits and is very accurate to boot. Whats not to like there ??? Will handle +p loads for uninvited guests as well ,,,, ;)
  5. steve4102

steve4102 Former Guest

Boy that's a tough one. For handguns I would half to say my Dan Wesson 10MM CBOB customized by Dave Severns. Feels good, shoots great, looks great and I like the power of the 10MM.
  6. JLA

JLA Well-Known Member

<<<< see avatar

No explanation needed..
  7. jack404

jack404 Former Guest

anything the anti gun nazi's say i cant have ....
  8. howlnmad

howlnmad Well-Known Member

That's like asking which of my kids I love the most.
    Sorry, no can answer.
  9. X Ring

X Ring Member

It is not easy but, I would have to say this one
    003.jpg
    it is just an old friend.
  10. carver

carver Moderator

DAV, Deep in the Pineywoods of East Texas, just we
    Like the some of the others here, I don't have just one favorite. Each gun I own is for a specific purpose, and for some purposes I have more than one gun!
  11. smlranger

smlranger New Member

I've acquired several this past year and I like them all. However, I am learning to love the feel and function of the 1911 and plan to rid myself of my two polymer guns as soon as I get my Springfield 1911 A1 9mm loaded target.

I'd have to say that my Colt lightweight Commander 9m is my favorite at this point.
  12. Insulation Tim

Insulation Tim Well-Known Member Supporting Member

Probably my Kimber Custom II. It just feels "right" and seems to shoot better than my other 1911's. Closing in on it though is my Ruger SR 1911. Great Gun.
  13. PanhandlePop

PanhandlePop Member

My old Colt Delta Elite. It doesn't get shot as much as it used to, but it has always been reliable, accurate and the 10mm is a versatile cartridge for which to load.
  14. Bigbill

Bigbill Member

I have to say its between the S&W N frames (magnums) and my 1911's. I have a norc 1911 that i been tuning and tweeking a little at a time and she is a low end race gun now in performance. The N Frame smiths seem to have more balance over the other revolvers. But i never met a gun i didn't like yet.... BB
  15. Dirtypacman

Dirtypacman New Member

It changes all the time ... here is a bit of history.. my favorite at this time is a P.O.S hi-point 995TS 9mm plinking gun.

My favorites had been:

M1 Garand
    Bushmaster AR
    H&K45
    10/22
    Glock 17