What is your favorite gun and why?

Discussion in 'Centerfire Pistols & Revolvers' started by 76Highboy, Jan 2, 2012.

1. GraveYardMan56

GraveYardMan56 New Member

I won't choose...you mustn't____ okay it's the 586 S&W .357, okay....are you happy now?
    [​IMG]
  2. Steven42

Steven42 New Member

I have a 1911 and a .357 Mag revolver. I don't know if I could choose between them.
  3. mark olindale

mark olindale New Member

It is hard to choose between my S&W mdl 36 and my Ruger Sp101.
  4. BobMcG

BobMcG Well-Known Member Supporting Member

At first it doesn't sound like a difficult question but the more I've thought about it the more I have to say that I can't come up with a "single" one I could label as my favorite. I guess it'd be a bit easier to pick a favorite of the month, or even a favorite of the week at times.
    Last edited: May 28, 2012
  5. 76Highboy

76Highboy Well-Known Member Supporting Member

The reason I posted this in the beginning is I was asked that at work. After beating myself up I thought I would see what other peoples thought were. I am like you. About every other month, I tend to shift my likes. Now I need another gun darn it.:D
  6. hogger129

hogger129 Active Member

1911... I haven't found a pistol that I shoot more accurately, that feels better in my hand, with a better natural point of aim, and with a better trigger. It might be single-action, low capacity, and heavy cause it's made out of steel, but it gets the job done.
    Last edited: May 28, 2012
  7. hogger129

hogger129 Active Member

:thumbsup:
  8. Little Rooster

Little Rooster New Member

Isn't that like choosing just one of your children to like or favor. If I didn't like the gun I'd send it to live with someone else. So I guess if it's in the safe I like it.
  9. CJ_56

CJ_56 New Member

I certainly like 1911's. They make fabulous target pistols. But for various other purposes I like other guns. I just don't like carrying a big honking piece of steel around with me when a much lighter weapon will shoot very well and won't make me walk like I'm going around the side of a hill. For example my Sig P220 is super accurate and much lighter than a 1911. Not many off the shelf pistols are more accurate. But it's also a single stack, low capacity handgun compared to even more modern choices. So my 2 main carry guns have become my Taurus PT-145, which holds 10+1 .45's in a package not much bigger than a Walther PPK. I still am amazed at how they got so many rounds in a small package like that. It's very accurate too out to about 20 yards and it has never had a single malfunction of any kind. There are a dozen things to like about that pistol in fact. But lately I've been carrying my XDm .40. It's a bigger pistol than the Taurus but it holds a lot more ammo. 16+1 gives a person a lot of firepower. I have the 3.8" barrel so it's a little smaller than the full size models but it's still big compared to the Taurus. But for cooler weather carry or for carrying in the vehicle it's great. At one time I didn't like the recoil of a .40 for the power that you got but with this pistol I barely even feel the recoil. It's a function of the ergonomics of the pistol I'm sure. My .45's both kick more but the Taurus actually kicks less than the Sig. The Sig has a high axis so it gets a lot of muzzle flip which makes it seem like it kicks more.

Anyway as much as a I like 1911's I like other pistols for carrying. YMMV as always.
  10. Double D

Double D Administrator Staff Member Supporting Member

So, get you a nice commander size 1911 with a scandium aluminum frame and its just as light as these others you mention.
  11. vaskeet

vaskeet New Member

either my dan wesson 22 pistol pac (beautful and accurate) or my ria xt22 22 1911 (just plain fun) Randy
  12. mogunner

mogunner Well-Known Member

I can't say just one is my favorite, as they were all picked for specific purposes, but I'll play along... let's just day my buddy called and I can bring ONE gun down to his place to shoot, but he won't be there long, that's why.

Of course I would always have my Ruger P95 with me, as it's my EDC.

[​IMG]
  13. Jayhawk9x19

Jayhawk9x19 New Member

I almost hate to answer with such a boring response, but I'd have to go with my Glock 19. It's just the gun I've shot the most and carried the most. Sure, I've got more unique guns, and definitely more expensive guns, but none that I can pick up and shoot as quickly and accurately.
  14. tallbear

tallbear New Member

Personally I would say the best gun I ever owned was a Smith Model 28 4" barrel.
    In fact, I am looking to trade for another one IF I can find one.

tallbear
  15. Grapevinebill

Grapevinebill New Member

Here is my latest addition to the collection. It is the Beretta Billenium. Only 1000 were brought in to the states back in 2000.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]