What is your favorite mould for the .45 colt?

Discussion in 'The Ammo & Reloading Forum' started by frosty, Feb 19, 2004.

1. frosty

frosty New Member

If you are just shooting paper or target pratice (beer cans, shot gun shells, etc.) what is your favorite cast bullet design and the powder charge?

If you are going out for meat on the table (Hogs, Whitetails, etc.) what is your favorite cast bullet disign and powder charge?

I recently ordered a Lee 6 cavity 255 grn for my target loads.
  2. txpete

txpete New Member

I use a magma 250 gr lfn for just plinking/target in my ruger vaquero.
    the rcbs 270(280 my alloy) would be a good pick for hunting with my ruger or win trapper 45 colt.
    so far I am pretty well stuck on 9.0 grs unique,win primers and starline brass.it seems I have tried most of the powders out there and keep coming back to unique.
    pete
  3. frosty

frosty New Member

Where are you at here in Texas, Pete?

Me, I am down south on the border in Edinburg Tx.

Beautiful weather right now.
  4. txpete

txpete New Member

I am in killeen just outside ft.hood kind of 1/2 way between waco and austin.
    the weather was great spent most of the afternoon casting for my next range session.I have the casting bug bad I even cast bullets for my makarov pistols.
    pete