What kind of knives do you all collect

Discussion in 'Knives & Edged Items' started by Guest, Feb 23, 2003.

1. Guest

Guest Guest

TallTLynn
    Senior Chief Moderator Staff
    (8/12/01 8:48:38 pm)
    Reply | Edit | Del All What kind of knives do you all collect
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Sorry for the quality of the photo - but here are a few of mine (sooner or later I'll figure out where I've put stuff or packed stuff away to) and I'll work on getting some better pictures too.

LIKTOSHOOT
    (8/12/01 9:57:17 pm)
    Reply | Edit | Del Re: What kind of knives do you all collect
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Them things with the handles ain`t no k`nife, who ya tryin ta fool, thems nose hairs pluckers.......
    "am not" R2

TallTLynn
    (8/12/01 10:19:36 pm)
    It qualified LTS - it has a knife in there somewhere!!!

Besides I'm still trying to figure out where that Leatherman came from - could of sworn I'd never bought myself one.

Xracer
    (8/13/01 8:24:40 am)
    Geez, "T".....a Beretta, a bunch of rifles, and now knives. Remind me never to pat you on the butt.....you're too damn dangerous for me!

Anyway, I keep buying (and losing) small cheap penknives.....mostly for cleaning my fingernails. Since I keep losing them, I haven't accumulated very many.

TallTLynn
    (8/13/01 8:27:18 am)
    XRacer - blame my grandfather. He gave me my first knife at the age of 6 - a "Buffalo Skinner" made in Germany.

Since then it's been a fascination of mine.

ibtrukn
    V.I.P. Member
    (8/14/01 9:39:28 am)
    Yo TTL, nice postup!! I wish i was camera savvy( i dont even own a digital). However what is the top one? I keep a leatherman in the "black beauty" in case something fails. U just KNOW that sucker will never see the lite of day, unless one of yo fords is sitting on the side with the hood up
    Personally i like stuff with pearl handles. Currently have 7 made by Dan Cannady from S.C. they are all straight blades. 2 white pearl, 2 black lip pearl, 1 red abalone, i green abalone, 1 puua. Have another black lip under construction and maybe a boot knife with polished stag handles. also a couple of Cases and several old German gents knives. Did i get carried away again?? I best go before LTS shows up an accuses me of braggin or some such. Hope others will post up on what they like in the blades

TallTLynn
    (8/14/01 7:35:24 pm)
    The top one is the Gerber that Tye gave me in Virginia before I left at the beginning of this month. The one below that (it's got the deer handle) is the "Buffalo Skinner" made by Sword & Shield of Soligen, Germany god knows when. It was kinda old when he gave it to me back in 1962. Below that is of course my "Buck" knife (everyone should have one); and of course the last one is my "Leatherman" (and I'm still trying to figure that out - cause I could of sworn I'd never bought one). I found it in the couch a few days ago (lololol).

Got more just don't know where I put them!

Now as for computer savy - if you have a scanner you can post those pictures you take ibtrukn - but if you don't have a scanner or a digital camera there are a few of us you could mail the pictures to and we'd post them for you.

ibtrukn
    V.I.P. Member
    (8/15/01 9:07:03 am)
    TTL, one of these days i might break down an get a camera. could i come west and get some "hands on" instruction??
    hehheh

TallTLynn
    (8/15/01 6:04:26 pm)
    lol ibtrukn - I suppose you could get some hands on instructions provided your hands were in sight at all times

Well, time to call and see if I can go pick up my .38 from my dealer (please god say he's available tonight!!!!!!!)

ibtrukn
    V.I.P. Member
    (8/17/01 8:39:28 am)
    in sight of what? he asked foolishly

TallTLynn
    (8/17/01 6:49:03 pm)
    Now that was a foolish question ibtrukn!

Keep your hands where I can see them and everything will be fine

cal414
    V.I.P. Member
    (9/11/02 7:59:29 pm)
    I use and carry a Benchmade mini AFCK. I also carry a Bucktool while at work. I recently bought a CRKT M16 and its a sweet little knife for the $.
    I've got way too many knives. I'm also in the market for a lansky. I need something to sharpen my M-9!