The Firearms Forum banner

what knife do you carry with you every day

34K views 184 replies 103 participants last post by  carver 
#1 · (Edited)
Just thought I would see what everyone uses for an every day carry knife.

Here is an image of mine. It's a gerber evo with 3.4" blade

Attachments

See less See more
#3 ·
I was just thinking about this today. I used to carry a buck crosslock, but lost it somewhere. Probably at a customers house, using it for something it wasn't designed to do:mad:. Lately I've been carrying a cheap winchester $5 knife I bought down at the wall mart. I like cheap knifes because I can abuse the blade or loose the damned thing and not feel guilty about it.

I really need to go get me a good carry knife. I'll still keep my cheapos for cutting/stripping wires, cutting boxes, makeshift screwdriver, prybar, or whatever else I abuse it for.

I miss my old buck

#5 ·
on the belt Kbar , and a Kershaw System set ( 3 blades 1 handle) in the pouch
a gerber boot down my boot and on my pack strap A very nice No. 1 of 1000 only made a Remington deer skinner that i won here

and when i get home there'll be another Kershaw that was also won here , and i'm looking forward to seeing that , Cheers to John and TFF

#8 ·
Around the house, it's the Kershaw Storm, out for the day it's usually the Gerber Applegate, Fairbane folder. When hunting it's usually the Schrade Old Timer, Sharpfinger. There is always a Leatherman tool in the car.

Attachments

#10 ·
i have a cheap-er smith n wesson 'cutting horse' lil curved blade lock blade. has part of the blade regular sharp, then a serated section, small belt clip.. though i keep it int he watch pocket.. has a small thumbhole area ont he blade to make it an asist 1-handed open if you flick your thumb across it nothing fancy.. but I like have a knife with me for utility purposes... and if pressed it is a weapon if I can't get to my carry gun for some reason..

#11 ·
I always just carry my leatherman.

I've got a SOG seal pup I carry hunting now. I really like the blade on it. I'm not too impressed with the handle. It's a bit light and doesnt balance or feel quite right.

#12 ·
Nothing fancy or very expensive but I always carry two knives with me. I have for many, many years. The Opinel which is made in France is very inexpensive but very strong and is as sharp as a razor. Great for cutting food, rope or whatever. The S&W is stronger and better for protection.

Attachments

#14 ·
I was just thinking about this today. I used to carry a buck crosslock, but lost it somewhere. Probably at a customers house, using it for something it wasn't designed to do:mad:. Lately I've been carrying a cheap winchester $5 knife I bought down at the wall mart. I like cheap knifes because I can abuse the blade or loose the damned thing and not feel guilty about it.

I really need to go get me a good carry knife. I'll still keep my cheapos for cutting/stripping wires, cutting boxes, makeshift screwdriver, prybar, or whatever else I abuse it for.

I miss my old buck
Wow, you got me thinking, I used to have a beautiful little Buck knife with a loop for a key ring (got it maybe 40 years back) don't know where it went.

Replaced with my Klien electrican's knife, slightly bigger and a great knife.

And I can't count knives I've given away.

#15 ·
I carry two - a Swiss Army knife and my Leatherman. I have carried them every day for ages. I also tend to need them every day.

#22 ·
I have about 10 pocket knives that I will alternate through day to day. Lately though I have taking my S&W HRT more than anything else. It just fits in my pocket and the forefinger opening is lighting fast. I use my knife for everything so I stick to the CRKT, S&W, Gerber price range. I'd never forgive myself if I bent a blade on a Spyderco, on a S&W, I still get frustrated with myself, but I know i go to the store and repklace it without to much out of pocket.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.