what knife do you carry with you every day

Discussion in 'Knives & Edged Items' started by Dennis C, Oct 1, 2012.

1. HAGEN442

HAGEN442 New Member

Benchmade Locking Folder
    Carried a lot of pricer knives over the years but the Benchmade
    makes the others take a back seat.
  2. ozo

ozo Well-Known Member

No way can you beat an Old Timer Sharpfinger......
    a favorite of mine for decades....
  3. dad2thebone

dad2thebone New Member

Mostly i use my buck in the holster or my kbar. both real strong and fit my hand well.
  4. aa1911

aa1911 Active Member

Hey, I got that same exact knife; still goes with me every hunting trip as my primary skinning knife for deer. Bit small for elk but works fine on whitetails and blacktails.

been using it for about 15 years now, guessing yours has a lot more mileage on it though, one of my mainstays for folding knives.
  5. Hawg

Hawg Active Member

Only had this one for a couple of years. My last one I had for about 20 years and had abalone slabs. I lost it some kinda way. Priced a new one and decided I didn't need the abalone after all.:D
  6. I'm a Ninja! Shhhh!!

I'm a Ninja! Shhhh!! New Member

I carry 2, prevviously 3. I carry a Gerber paraframe that I found open under the seat of an old jeep I bought and found I liked it better than others I have spent money on and a victorinox classic sd swiss army, actually 2 sd's because there is one on my keychain too. I used to carry a case too but it fell out of my pants when I wore a suit one day. Not sure why I carry so many but it is a habit.
  7. gunguy25

gunguy25 New Member

I carry 3 , One is a TailWind Assist, the other is a Boker Plus and then theres my swiss army cadet.

Attached Files:

8. aa1911

aa1911 Active Member

picked this up today, while not my every day carry, it is now my every hunting day carry knife, woo hoo!

has a fire starter, knife sharpener (and a freakin' whistle? ha! that one took me by surprise, I suppose it could come in handy. never needed a whistle myself but hey...)

going to make a better sheath for it, the one that comes with it isn't that great; the kidex portion is very nice though, it is held to the soft part with two velcro straps.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

I hope to be carving up some elk/deer/bear with this thing soon...
  9. mjp28

mjp28 Well-Known Member

Anyone carry or have one of those Sears 4 in 1 screwdrivers on your keychain or just handy? List price today about 99 cents.

Between my Klien electrical keychain knife and the 4/1 I did a whole bunch of handy things.

Besides a small collection (maybe 75-100? never rounded them all up) I also have desk drawer knives, work bench knives, garage and a bunch more.

Favorite electrical pouch knife, we made them down the mill from power hack saw blades and two side pieces from various slim materials. Over 40 years old, still have and use it!

Or pour a babbitt handle for a great steak or filet knife.
    Last edited: Oct 10, 2012
  10. JLA

JLA Well-Known Member

Gerber paraframe. 3"
  11. mjp28

mjp28 Well-Known Member

Sure are a lot of Gerbers, look like fine knives!
  12. lead

lead Active Member

At work, I've been carrying a Parker Cutlery On the weekend, I carry a Buck Bucklite that I got when I went to work at Bass Pro Shops in 1986.
    I've got about 2 dozen knives, folders and fixed blades. I used to check out the knife section of gun shops and especially pawn shops, for gun company knives. I haven't been doing that as much lately, everything I see is Chinese made now.
  13. JLA

JLA Well-Known Member

They are wonderful knives. Durable, hold an edge well, and the paraframes are weatherproof. I found mine in an old deer blind back in 2009. looked like it had been there for at least a year when I found it. I figure the person that left it got it for christmas and stuck it in the cieling of that ol hunting blind during the last hunt of the season and forgotten about it. Its been serving me ever since.
  14. flboots

flboots Well-Known Member

I carry cheap knifes as they get tore up. I have a case XX from my dad, he carried during WWII, heavy knife, weights about the same as a pistol. The heel can be used as a hammer if need be. I use that when I'm camping.
  15. Big Chevy

Big Chevy Member

I carry a Benchmade mini reflex. Need to get another knife for working.