The Firearms Forum banner

what knife do you carry with you every day

34K views 184 replies 103 participants last post by  carver 
#1 · (Edited)
Just thought I would see what everyone uses for an every day carry knife.

Here is an image of mine. It's a gerber evo with 3.4" blade

Attachments

See less See more
#53 · (Edited)
that's one i havn't gotten into.. any of the gas weapons. no peper spray or teargas...
I've given my wife several PEPPERSPRAYS, 10% pepper (not just mace) plus I have some around, they'll easily shoot 15-20' full.

The pepper is an eye nasty irritant for anyone including doped up people or animals like dogs with no tear ducts. Plus when I sit out back should a raccoon come nosing around I'll zap it...never had to yet. "IF" you have to zap a bad guy besides hitting him in the eyes/chest get it on his hands, clothes even shoes, leaves a trail plus most bad guys never change shoes. ;)

I've always liked collecting knives of various sizes, they look cool plus another handy tool.

Not every situation requires a gun, BE PREPARED!

.....oh a bat, club or other baton can come in handy.

#55 ·
i 99% of the time have a knife adn gun with me.. hope to never use the knife.. that's waaaaay to close for me.. ;)

( hope to never have to 'USE' either in a self defense situation.. etc.. )
That's right but at least you have them!

And a knife is great for odd jobs, whitling stuff, cutting pizza. :D
We'd order pizza down the mill occasionally (one of our millwright's dad had a pizza shop), get out my Klein electrican's knife, wipe it off, cut, eat, wipe it off again.

#60 · (Edited)
I used to carry a Gerber Evo as my EDC, but it's a bit... much. Being so dagger-like, it's pretty intimidating when I pull it out.

Now, I carry around a 2 bladed Remington pocket knife, but it's a burden to dig around my pocket to get it out, and use another hand to fold out a blade.

Now, I'm looking for a small folder with a pocket clip, that doesn't have that intimidating tactical weapon vibe.... considering a Kershaw Scallion

#68 · (Edited)
This sucks...I lost my daily carry knife that's been with me over ten years. It was not horribly expensive, about $40, but it held a razor-sharp edge and was comfortable to carry clipped to my pocket in jeans or dress pants for work.

Need to shop for a new daily carry knife. Maybe Santa will bring one.

Any suggestions in the $40 to $80 range that meet the criteris mentioned above?

#176 ·
This sucks...I lost my daily carry knife that's been with me over ten years. It was not horribly expensive, about $40, but it held a razor-sharp edge and was comfortable to carry clipped to my pocket in jeans or dress pants for work.

Need to shop for a new daily carry knife. Maybe Santa will bring one.

Any suggestions in the $40 to $80 range that meet the criteris mentioned above?
ISHootBack, check this out.
http://www.amazon.com/Smith-Wesson-Military-Police/dp/B00AOH9OVK/ref=sr_1_5?ie=UTF8&qid=1450495867&sr=8-5&keywords=s&w+M&p%+knife

Really rugged knife. Between $35 and $50. I've been carrying one for about two years. I have another post in this thread somewhere that describes better. Check it out, I don't think you'll be disappointed.

made my first crkt purchase

I keep buying knives for some reason. Just ordered this:
http://www.crkt.com/My-Tighe-Assisted-Opening-Black-Veff-Combo-Edge
Very nice knife, jedwil. I even like the "serrations" and I'm more of a straight edge knida guy.

Case
Old Timer
Puma

A local hardware store had an Old Timer/Shrade floor display
that was four-sided and about 3.5' tall, and was removing
it from display, had all the remaining knives on clearance.
I bought one, was in there a day or so later, little cheaper,
I bought another, a few days later, funnin' around, I asked
him how much for all the rest [about 50 knives], assorted
and all sizes.....price was too good to pass. I have a 'rooster bag'
in the storeroom full of knives, some I cant even remember what
they are. Shrade sharpening steel, folders, tactical, whittling,
sharpfingers, small bowies,......leather sheaths, nylon......
It was a steal. Gave some as gifts, some scattered around the house,
still a bag full.
Way to go ozo, right place, right time. Some great pieces were made by Schrade. Congrats on the righteous acquisition.

#70 ·
just lost my old winchester curved folder, and got a new winchester straight blade. doesn't thumb open near as easy.. but is a metal body with wood furniture, instead of plastic composite body of the old one. wasn't a fan of the plastic.. but it was light and flipped open easy. still getting used to this new one.. though it is razor shapr and has a nice clip on it.

#72 ·
if it seems rude to you, to ask what equipment others use / carry/work on.. you might as well cash in your chips here and hit another website.

the people on these forums like to discuss equipment.. whether it's shootin irons, reload gear, or cuttin blades.

if you thik it's rude to discuss them.. um.. I question why you may be here.. :)

just sayin. :)

#75 ·
I actually carry atleast 2 everyday my Buck 110 in a QuickDraw sheath and my Leatherman Freestyle
can you post he sheath for the 110?

Ive got 2 119s one new and one from the 60s or so, also one of the 120s from the 60s or so. Certainly one of my favorite fixed blade knives of all time, Ive got plenty of KBars and Ontarios, cold steel and others but I love the Buck fixed blade knives so much.

I will post my daily carries when I get picks up.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.