The Firearms Forum banner

what knife do you carry with you every day

34K views 184 replies 103 participants last post by  carver 
#1 · (Edited)
Just thought I would see what everyone uses for an every day carry knife.

Here is an image of mine. It's a gerber evo with 3.4" blade

Attachments

See less See more
#77 ·
For work I carry a turbo knife box knife that slides out the front it is he best for cutting the wrap around pallets and if that's not in my pocket my cheap Leatherman c33 I can't tell you how many times that bottle opener has come in handy!
Oh late one night I was watching the Science channel the "How they make it" type show, they showed how they made the Leatherman knives, wow what an operation!

No little old man sitting at a bench...just big presses, robots galore quite an operation!

The humans did some blade stacking, QC, that kind of stuff.

#78 ·
if it seems rude to you, to ask what equipment others use / carry/work on.. you might as well cash in your chips here and hit another website.

the people on these forums like to discuss equipment.. whether it's shootin irons, reload gear, or cuttin blades.

if you thik it's rude to discuss them.. um.. I question why you may be here.. :)

just sayin. :)
I feel the same way soundguy. What are we supposed to discuss here, favorite ice cream flavors?:D:D Sorry Jim I had to throw that in. I carry a little Zippo lockblade. It is lightweight and razor sharp.

#79 · (Edited)
if it seems rude to you, to ask what equipment others use / carry/work on.. you might as well cash in your chips here and hit another website.

the people on these forums like to discuss equipment.. whether it's shootin irons, reload gear, or cuttin blades.

if you thik it's rude to discuss them.. um.. I question why you may be here.. :)

just sayin. :)
Sheesh, I totally agree. If a person does not like a certain thread, or if they think it is rude then they should skip it. It is up to the mods on what is and isn't appectable. It's not like anyone is twisting their arm to read any perticular thread..

#83 ·
Around the house, it's the Kershaw Storm, out for the day it's usually the Gerber Applegate, Fairbane folder. When hunting it's usually the Schrade Old Timer, Sharpfinger. There is always a Leatherman tool in the car, sometimes two, because I have one in my Get Home Bag.
And I forgot, I always have the Swiss Army Classic SD in my pocket.

#84 · (Edited)
I have carried a Craftsman razor knife for the last 10 years. I have lost it a few times but it always comes home. I open a lot of parts boxes and cut a lot of wire ties ever day at work. I am lost without it.

I used to carry a buck knife in my back pocket but my liberal boss had a fit when he saw it. I carried that for 30 years.

In the 70's I always carried a Swiss Army knife. I picked one up a month ago and now carry it also.

#85 ·
It's kinda like carring a gun, I always have a BUG. The same with knives, I always have two on me.

#86 ·
A Schrade vegetable cutting folding knife that a vegetable seedsman gave me in the early 1970's. And yes it is sharp, very. Has two blades. One long and one short. Has the word Snowboy printed on the handle. Snowboy was a popular califlower verity back then.

#89 ·
That is one good looking knife, jedwil. I really like the Veff serrations on this one.

#92 ·
#94 ·
Case
Old Timer
Puma

A local hardware store had an Old Timer/Shrade floor display
that was four-sided and about 3.5' tall, and was removing
it from display, had all the remaining knives on clearance.
I bought one, was in there a day or so later, little cheaper,
I bought another, a few days later, funnin' around, I asked
him how much for all the rest [about 50 knives], assorted
and all sizes.....price was too good to pass. I have a 'rooster bag'
in the storeroom full of knives, some I cant even remember what
they are. Shrade sharpening steel, folders, tactical, whittling,
sharpfingers, small bowies,......leather sheaths, nylon......
It was a steal. Gave some as gifts, some scattered around the house,
still a bag full.

Attachments

#96 ·
#101 ·
I carry an Ontario Knife Company M9 bayonet on my strong side. Best knife Ive ever owned. Skined and butchered many deer, hogs, whislepigs, squirrels, catfish, and gar with it. I got it bout 3yrs back. Paid $156 and change for it. She cost me a pretty penny but I havent looked back. Also I use it on my 870.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.