What make, what is it worth?

Discussion in 'The Ask the Pros & What's It Worth? Forum' started by HUBB, Apr 15, 2006.

1. HUBB

HUBB New Member

Hi'

I have this old pistol and want to know what it's worth and who made it.
    ok'
    it is a .22 cal, single shot,break open pistol
    it has a 10" barrel and blade front sight
    under the grips it has, VP,7 2, a crown over what looks like IE over R or JR over a R
    T
    BB an arrow and 2 b's on the barrel release
    |
    v

on bottom of barrel, a arrow and 2'bs ,FL 22.C, 54, 1906, A crown over a circle with E over IG
    P.S. attached are some pics

Attached Files:

2. 22WRF

22WRF Well-Known Member

It's Belgian

Thats the best I can offer
  3. Xracer

Xracer *TFF Admin Staff Mediator*

Hi HUBB.....Welcome to TFF.

22WRF is right.....your pistol was made in Belgium. The "Crown over ELG" is a Belgian proofmark.

"Tip-up" pistols such as yours were common in the 1880-1920 era......both in Europe and here in the U.S. (Stevens, as well as others, made many, many thousands of them here).

The chances of attributing this gun to a particular manufacturer is very slim. In that timeframe, gunmaking in Belgium was literally a cottage industry and there were hundreds of small firearms makers.....many of them in business for only a few years.

Soooooo......the best I can tell you is that you have a .22 cal. Belgian Tip-up pistol, probably made between 1906 and 1914 (when WWI started).

If you plan to shoot it, I'd stick to .22 shorts. Your pistol was most likely made for blackpowder and not safe with modern ammunition.

Value? If it were a Stevens Tip-up, it would have a little value....as an unbranded Belgian gun, it's probably worth in the $50-100 range.
  4. HUBB

HUBB New Member

HI,
    Thanks Xracer,
    I appreciate the information......thanks again hubb
  5. HUBB

HUBB New Member

hi,
    22WRF, thanks for the info........hubb