What President has done the most good?

Discussion in 'The Constitutional & RKBA Forum' started by RedHawk, Jul 1, 2011.

1. RedHawk

RedHawk Former Guest

Please write in why you think a certain president has done so much for our country ,

Ill start it off with :

Ronald Reagan

Quote: "Every time the government is forced to act, we lose something in self-reliance, character, and initiative."

Inflation was 12% during jimmys years , reagan brought it down to 4% ! the unemployment rate declined from 7.1% to 5.5%, hitting highs of 9.7%

He istituted the economic recovery tax act , yes it relieved the top earners 9who also pay the most in taxes) form 70% to 50% and the lowest from 14% to 11%!

The military was at its weakest during Carters time, Reagan increased its budget and strength by 40% and in the process let the world know the sleeping giant was back in control!

Theres so many other things I could say but I wont for now!

Reagan was a Lifetime Member of the NRA and believed in the 2nd Amendment
    Last edited: Jul 1, 2011
  2. Insulation Tim

Insulation Tim Well-Known Member Supporting Member

RR was simply a great President and Leader.
  3. Zhurh

Zhurh Active Member

Have to also agree with Ronnie Reagen. Except for raising the debt, it was all good under his watch. He made America proud once again with his vision of what America really is.
  4. hogger129

hogger129 Active Member

I think Kennedy did the most for our country or at least tried to.

Reagan to me comes off as talking a good game but not a whole lot of follow through. I know that's going to offend a lot of people here, but just my 2 cents.
  5. Double D

Double D Administrator Staff Member Supporting Member

How old are you? Seriously. I am not the least bit offended. I just dont agree. Well, he (kennedy) did make being a criminal and holding office seem OK.
  6. RedHawk

RedHawk Former Guest

Kennedy showed and proved that using illegal profits for campaigns work! John F did alot of things I liked to , but not nearly what Ronnie did! Now JFKs brother Teddy , thats another story altogether and just goes to prove how stupid people are in MASS! Oh wait they keep electing Barney Frank as well!!
  7. hogger129

hogger129 Active Member

Lol, drunk Teddy.
  8. bamajoey

bamajoey Well-Known Member

If Mary Jo could talk, she would probably say he is also a murderer.
  9. Hatch

Hatch Former Guest

and rapist
  10. redwing carson

redwing carson Former Guest

JFK did nothing except sell the Cubans out to the Reds at the Bay Of PIgs. He had an affair Marylin Monroe and a Mafia Girl friend. He crossed the Union and Mob bosses and was shot In Dallas. What a great president.:confused:
  11. permafrost

permafrost Active Member

I'm a big fan of Teddy Roosevelt.
    You gotta read some history to see the things he did. He was the man who pretty much made America a super power in the world. He was one hell of a president!
    He was Secretary of the Navy before becoming Vice President then president(when Mckinley was shot). He pretty much rebuilt our neglected Navy and made it a super power, then he sent it on a cruise around the world to show the world who we were. He took over the building of the Panama canal from the incompetent French and made it a reality. He took on the big trusts at the time,Railroad, Coal,Steel, broke up their monopolies and made them give the workers a fair wage and some safety. He spent half of his day in the white house working, then shut it down to play with his kids. Then he returned to work and worked all nite, if necessary. He read at least one book a day! And he was a big time hunter and firearms enthusiast. A prodigous, larger than life man. Worthy of admiration.(Not to mention the Spanish American War,his famous charge and sending Admiral Dewey to defeat the Spanish Navy in Manila Bay). After that the world believed in American might!
    Last edited: Jul 2, 2011
  12. K75RT

K75RT Member

"It is a fundamental principle of our country that the people are sovereign. While they recognize the undeniable authority of the state, they have established as its instrument a Government of limited powers. They hold inviolate in their own hands the jurisdiction over their own freedom and the ownership of their own property. Neither of these can be impaired except by due process of law. The wealth of our country is not public wealth, but private wealth. It does not belong to the Government, it belongs to the people. The Government has no justification in taking private Property except for a public purpose. It is always necessary to keep these principles in mind in the laying of taxes and in the making of appropriations. No right exists to levy on a dollar, or to order the expenditure of a dollar, of the money of the people, except for a necessary public purpose duly authorized by the Constitution. The power over the purse is the power over liberty...."

John Calvin Coolidge, Jr., (July 4, 1872 – January 5, 1933) was the 30th President of the United States (1923–1929). A Republican lawyer from Vermont, Coolidge worked his way up the ladder of Massachusetts state politics, eventually becoming governor of that state. His actions during the Boston Police Strike of 1919 thrust him into the national spotlight. Soon after, he was elected as the 29th Vice President in 1920 and succeeded to the Presidency upon the sudden death of Warren G. Harding in 1923. Elected in his own right in 1924, he gained a reputation as a small-government conservative, and also as a man who said very little.
  13. RedHawk

RedHawk Former Guest

You can thank Franklin D Roosevelt for the destruction of the American economy , the "3 Rs": Relief, Recovery, and Reform.

Relief for the unemployed and poor (who recently used this same technique which has drowned our economy to almost death?)

Recovery of the economy to normal levels (this never happened , not because of the new deal thats for damn sure)

Reform of the financial system to prevent a repeat depression (seems to me Obongo is trying to emulate Frankie and doing a as much of an abysmal job , killing out great nation) !!
  14. sting75ray

sting75ray Well-Known Member

What do obama and JFK have in common?

Nothing YET.:D
  15. whirley

whirley Member

The Kennedy years. Bay of Pigs, Cuban missle crisis. He went to Dallas because his "advisors" thought he was going to lose his reelection bid. That's how we got "I'll never send American boys to Viet Nam" Johnson.

Increasing taxes only gives politicians more of OUR money to squander.