1. Get Gear'd Up! Enter to WIN $1000 in gear!

Please Click Here for full details and to enter. You will need to be registered and logged in to view the details and to participate.

Thanks and good luck to everyone

What should I ask for it?

Discussion in 'The Ask the Pros & What's It Worth? Forum' started by Finaddict, Apr 4, 2006.

1. Finaddict

Finaddict New Member

I've got the early model S&W Sigma 40 caliber (SW40F). I have two 15 rnd clips and 1 10 rnd clip. It's had about two or three boxes of rounds through it. Still have the blue case it came in. What should I ask for it? I have no idea what they are selling for right now. :confused:

Thanks,
    Steve
  2. Kahr

Kahr New Member

A good way to start is go to gunbroker.com and do a search and see what similiar SW40F's are going for. I was just on there the other night looking up Smith's I don't think you will get a lot for it, the market seems to flooded right now, that's just speculation from my sketchy memory though.
  3. Finaddict

Finaddict New Member

Yea I know I ain't gonna get much for it. I thought maybe it would bring around $250.
  4. Xracer

Xracer *TFF Admin Staff Mediator*

Well, the Blue Book says:

Sigma Model SW40F:

98% - $355
    95% - $325
    90% - $395

Yours sounds like it's in the 98% bracket......but.....as you probably already know, Sigmas are not the most highly prized nor sought after Smith & Wessons. Among those who know S&W Autos, they don't have a great reputation, so you might have to take a bit less than the $355 listed.

The case and extra magazines are a plus though. I'd say if you can get $300 for it, take the money and run.
  5. Finaddict

Finaddict New Member

I'd be happy if I could get $300 for it. Gonna give it a try. ;)

Thanks,
    Steve