What should I ask for it?

Discussion in 'The Ask the Pros & What's It Worth? Forum' started by Finaddict, Apr 4, 2006.

1. Finaddict

Finaddict New Member

I've got the early model S&W Sigma 40 caliber (SW40F). I have two 15 rnd clips and 1 10 rnd clip. It's had about two or three boxes of rounds through it. Still have the blue case it came in. What should I ask for it? I have no idea what they are selling for right now. :confused:

Thanks,
    Steve
  2. Kahr

Kahr New Member

A good way to start is go to gunbroker.com and do a search and see what similiar SW40F's are going for. I was just on there the other night looking up Smith's I don't think you will get a lot for it, the market seems to flooded right now, that's just speculation from my sketchy memory though.
  3. Finaddict

Finaddict New Member

Yea I know I ain't gonna get much for it. I thought maybe it would bring around $250.
  4. Xracer

Xracer *TFF Admin Staff Mediator*

Well, the Blue Book says:

Sigma Model SW40F:

98% - $355
    95% - $325
    90% - $395

Yours sounds like it's in the 98% bracket......but.....as you probably already know, Sigmas are not the most highly prized nor sought after Smith & Wessons. Among those who know S&W Autos, they don't have a great reputation, so you might have to take a bit less than the $355 listed.

The case and extra magazines are a plus though. I'd say if you can get $300 for it, take the money and run.
  5. Finaddict

Finaddict New Member

I'd be happy if I could get $300 for it. Gonna give it a try. ;)

Thanks,
    Steve