what should i buy, glock or springfield or other??

Discussion in 'Self Defense Tactics & Weapons' started by seanjonsean, Jan 21, 2009.

1. oscarmayer

oscarmayer New Member

the big disadvantage of the smith and wesson MP is it's a smith and wesson
  2. seanjonsean

seanjonsean New Member

well went to gun shop and saw the springfield it felt great but heavy wich i dont mind but it is pricey ,well i dont mind that either cuz i kno im getting something dependable, ill check out the glocks this weekend
  3. bcj1755

bcj1755 New Member

For a 9mm I'd suggest a Walther P99. Outstanding pistol. No other pistol I"ve ever held has fit my hand as well as this one does. About 630 or so rounds through it and not the first problem. The XD also fits my hand pretty well and I've heard nothing but good about them. Glocks just do not fit my hand at all. It's like trying to hold a bottle for me. As for a .40, I'm not sure. I'm not really a big fan of the .40 round. There is a .40 version of the P99, but S&W is the company that did the rechambering and I know the first generation .40s had some problems. I"m not too sure about the 2nd gen pistols. Try some out, hold them, shoot them, and pick the one that you like best.
  4. Insulation Tim

Insulation Tim Well-Known Member Supporting Member

I purchased the Springfield XD 45 a couple of months ago, and it has become my favorite gun to shoot. I have moved my Glock 19 to second place.
  5. seanjonsean

seanjonsean New Member

well how do they shoot? i mean the glock to sprinfields and smith 40 cal?
  6. Dirtypacman

Dirtypacman New Member

I really really really like the springfield xd 45. I cannot buy them here in MA due to not being on approved roster but have shoot them in different calibers (45 being my favorite) and fell in love. Awesome feel, great handling, all around an awesome gun.
  7. chemfantry

chemfantry New Member

I have to agree with pacman. I had one years ago when they first came out, and like a dummy, I got rid of it. I have regretted it ever since. I have shot some of the newer ones, and they have done nothing but improve them. They are GREAT pistols for the price. i would really like to get my hands on one of the XD(M)s.
  8. seanjonsean

seanjonsean New Member

ok so fifty fity then glock over springfield
  9. seanjonsean

seanjonsean New Member

well ok i researched yet another gun it s a taurus40 or 45 27 /7 acp for 379 i love the way it looks and feels what u guys think oh and one year free membership wit nra ...
  10. oscarmayer

oscarmayer New Member

the springfields are highly thought off, the glock has become a standard issue gun for over 65% of the police forces. the taurus though a good gun isn't in the same class in my opinion. best to rent one at a range and see which one fits you best. also consider the ruger they're built like tanks. and you for sure couldn't go wrong with a cz.
  11. TOOHSOTKIL

TOOHSOTKIL New Member

You bought a S&W Sigma and your worried about Glocks and Springfields??
    The cart is surly ahead of the horse here..........
  12. BillP

BillP New Member

DO YOU RELOAD? Glocks, becaise of the way the barrel is rifled do not shoot lead (cast or swedged) bullets well. Aditionally Glock advises against using them because of fowling that is spesific to Glocks.

I had a Glock but I do a lot of shooting and can't afford to buy jacketed bullets. Results were so bad that I sold it and bought a Sigma and in my openion it is a better gun.
  13. Oppy

Oppy New Member

It is nice that this thread didn't immediately devolve into the Glock v XD (or Glock vs all others) debate of other sites.
    I was in the market about a year ago and didn't even have XD on my radar until I rented one at the range. For ME, it just felt right and I shot it well. I would recommend shooting several others if you can (*if you haven't already) to see more possibilities.
    You may find what you buy is neither the Glock or XD, but something else that fits your hand well...(Ruger SR9, Beretta PX4, Baby Eagle, Sig etc etc)

The search is fun.
    Last edited: Jan 30, 2009
  14. seanjonsean

seanjonsean New Member

ok im going saturday to acadamy to purchase taurus 24/7 .40 for $379 and one year free membership to n.r.a, i chose this gun for the fact that i have a taurus 380 acp and love it , and i also heard there hassle free warranty as im sure evryone else has great warranties ill post pics wen i buy hopefully i get it in one day....
  15. seanjonsean

seanjonsean New Member

very negative quote and man ,but hey its a post , anyways i got the taurus ,now if i can just learn how to post pixz, going to shoot with it next week ill post how it shot
    Last edited: Feb 7, 2009