What should the British do to Iran?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Pat Hurley, Mar 25, 2007.

?

You are PM Blair. Negotiations falter. 15 sailors are put on trial. What now?

1. Continue to negotiate publicly and privately.

4 vote(s)
    10.8%
  2. Take the Iranians up on their offer to swap Iranian defectors for British sailors.

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  3. Give Iran a deadline; then sink every ship in the Iranian Navy if they don't comply.

18 vote(s)
    48.6%
  4. Without warning, bomb Tehran to ashes AND sink every ship in the Iranian Navy.

15 vote(s)
    40.5%
  1. Pat Hurley

Pat Hurley Former Guest

If you were PM Tony Blair, what would be your ultimate course of action? For me, I'd give them a 72 hour deadline to return my sailors and marines, and then I'd sink every boat they've got in their navy if they didn't comply.

But perhaps the most interesting questions is... do the British have what it takes to take on Iran single handedly and win?
    Last edited: Mar 25, 2007
  2. Rommelvon

Rommelvon New Member

Sounds like a very possible action pat, I saw on the news the brits have moved a couple of more ships into the area.....time will tell
  3. Marlin T

Marlin T Active Member

I was wondering just how long it took somebody to bring this subject up.

Total naval blockade with a perk of letting only food/medical ships through. Any offensive actions from Iran would result in what Pat said, sinking of all there navy. A deadline would be of some help here also, as long as it isn't just an idele threat.

If I were Tony I sure would be hoping that the USA would be of some help here, but wouldn't count on it with the (D)s in control of the house and senate.

But I'm sure that this didn't have anything to do with the UNs actions and there increased sanctions now would it?

Russia and China are to wrapped up in themselves to see what threat Iran is to the world. Especially Irsael. So they are going to veto anything that could be considered 'real' sanctions.
  4. pickenup

pickenup Active Member

5. berto64

berto64 Active Member

Brits should have already acted.

The boats with their troops on board should never have reached shore. Everybody waiting for some other coward to give the orders instead of someone taking the initiative to remedy the problem.

Whether by gunboat or aircraft, those boats should have been made dead in the water and the captors delt with.
  6. Marlin T

Marlin T Active Member

Ohhhh crap man:D ;)
    Well lets get them Brits out of there first huh?
  7. 358 winchester

358 winchester *TFF Admin Staff*

Set the deadline and stick to it blanket bomb the entire country dang it war is war no POLICE ACTIONS start the war and finish the war!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  8. johnston3407

johnston3407 New Member

I'm with Pickenup, NUKE EM.
  9. AL MOUNT

AL MOUNT Active Member

Cleaning my Thompson in The Foothills of the Ozark
    Camel jockies don't need no stinking Navy......:mad:

I would make it heestwa.....:eek:

Yo, Mohammed dude, get them vergines ready......

we're sending a bunch of yer boys yer way.......
  10. Unfortunately, I don't believe the Brits will do anything except sit there with their thumbs stuck where nature never intended. :mad: As for what they should do . . . send the SAS (Special Air Service) folks in to get the job done, while pounding hell out of the Iranians with air strikes. If they don't, this will not be the last time.
  11. catfish83861

catfish83861 Active Member

Well folks I have to agree with Al (dang I hate it when that happens) and 358.Send in the appropriate amount of troops (say about 150,00) and kick ass and to heck with names.But DON'T DO IT WITHOUT A DECLARATION OF WAR PERIOD. we (the USA) sat on our proverbially butts when the Pueblo incident occurred.What say we learn by our mistakes for once. Jan 68 was part of my last deployment before my first enlistment ended. We did nothing there and now this! SOS and I don't mean save our ship. catfish
    Last edited: Mar 26, 2007
  12. williamd

williamd New Member

Nukes are good but a good sloushing of chemicals won't destroy the infrastruture!
  13. Marlin

Marlin *TFF Admin Staff Chief Counselor*

I agree, however, as Pistol said I don't think they have the backbone to do it.
    :mad: :mad: :mad:
  14. WarSteed

WarSteed New Member

I wouldn't say blanketbomb them since i work for an Iranian doc and i'd sure hate to lose him if he went on vacation. I'm all for publicly negotiating with them for a set time then if they refuse to negotiate, then take away every military means they have.
  15. whiteclouder

whiteclouder New Member

Send over Jimmy Carter and Jesse Jackson to negotiate a peaceful settlement.

Clouder..
  16. johnston3407

johnston3407 New Member

It's to bad but I don't think the Brit's leaders have any more balls than ours. They wont do anything.
  17. Pat Hurley

Pat Hurley Former Guest

One problem Cat... they were BRITISH sailors who were captured!
  18. Pat Hurley

Pat Hurley Former Guest

If anybody other than us has the guts to do such a thing, it would be the Brits and the Austrailians. Let's hope they do have the guts on this occasion. God Save the Queen!
  19. catfish83861

catfish83861 Active Member

I know Pat, I just would not want their troops sent in without a declaration of war any more than I appreciate our being in a Police Action,also I believe (Hopefully anyway) that our government would have the balls to back Tony Blair.After all he has backed us all this time!. catfish
  20. glocknut

glocknut New Member

FINALLY, SOMEONE HIT THE RIGHT ANSWER.......

Nuke them, and if the Soviets don't like it...tell them they're NEXT !!!!!! :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad:

Overwhelming force is the ONLY thing those ***'s will understand !!!!!!!

mike
    gn