1. Get Gear'd Up! Enter to WIN $1000 in gear!

Please Click Here for full details and to enter. You will need to be registered and logged in to view the details and to participate.

Thanks and good luck to everyone

What spare parts to have for L-N-L progressive press?

Discussion in 'The Ammo & Reloading Forum' started by RAJBCPA, Oct 4, 2012.

1. RAJBCPA

RAJBCPA Member

Since I got this new progressive press about 6 weeks ago, I have broken an indexing pawl and a case retaining spring.

Hornady Customer Service replaced these parts, and a few others including a bent primer alignment rod that was too short from the factory....

The replacement parts from Hornady took 5 business days to arrive at my home.

Anyway, so I am now going to stock a few extra parts for the press so I will not be down and not be able to reload for 5 or more days. Some of the parts are not easy to find, however.

I found the following from midwayusa:

* Decapping pins (four - die related)
    * Indexing pawls (two)
    * Shell holder case retaining springs (three)
    * Powder measure spring (two)
    * Primer shuttle spring (two)
    * Hub assembly - aliminum (out of stock)

Are there any other spare parts I should have on hand? Is there a better place to get spare parts? Hornady does not sell directly to the public; right?

Thx...
  2. Waldog

Waldog Member

I have a LNL. Your spare parts inventory is a good idea. Springs will break and should be considered as consumables. Pawls, on the other hand, should not break unless you force the ram. If the press "binds" or "jambs", STOP and investigate the stoppage. Otherwise you will damage the press. And, pawls are usually the first to break. I don't think you need a drive hub as a spare.
  3. 312shooter

312shooter Active Member

Agree with the above post, I recommend a spare primer shuttle for each small and large primer as well as the associated spring, and a case retaining spring or two. The other items will not fail unless there is a bit of excessive force ,haste or a combination of the two when using the press.