What state is best for gun owners/shooters?

Discussion in 'The Constitutional & RKBA Forum' started by Lark07, Feb 6, 2010.

1. Terry_P

Terry_P New Member

This is the web site I check before I RV around the country.

http://www.handgunlaw.us/
  2. papawed

papawed New Member

Thanks Terry P., I have always checked the reciprical laws, and try to adhere by them. I think my RV qualifies as my home, however, and would like to know if the laws are different.

BTW Indiana is a pretty good state for owners/shooters. I have a "lifetime" carry permit. Do you think Brady and bunch would like to get that revoked?
  3. bluesea112

bluesea112 Active Member

Welcome to the forums Papawed. You wouldn't happen to be the legendary Ed from Indiana who has spent time at Waco North KOA and other RV parks in the central Texas area would you?

To answer a portion of your question, Texas now allows conceal carry in motor vehicles WITHOUT a permit. Gotta love Gov. Rick Perry's "castle" law. The new law defines a motor vehicle as an extension of a man's home, and not even God would attempt to tell a Texan he has to have a permit to carry a gun in his own home.
  4. Terry_P

Terry_P New Member

All firearms in NH are tax free every day as there is no sales or income tax.
  5. Blackhawk Dave

Blackhawk Dave Member

Texas requires the license for conceal/carry, but I think it's now more for the income than anything else. Training comes down to, if you shoot someone, "I was in fear for my life...and I'm not saying anything else until I talk with my attorney".
  6. islenos

islenos New Member

What state is best for gun owners/shooters?

The State of Anarchy
  7. wyoredot

wyoredot New Member

WOW! thats a strong answer! But I like it! Go Lonestar!
  8. sewerman

sewerman New Member

florida is petty gun friendly,... the problem i have is with the dealers/pawn shops that charge a 5-8 dollar charge for a phone call back ground check which according to the state gun law statues as aconcealed permit holder i'm EXEMPT from this charge or need.

what's the purpose of the license it proves i'm a law abiding citizen.

i think it is just another way for the dealer to squeeze another $5.00 from the buyer/transferee.

i feel budget raped.......

sewerman
  9. Steve1002

Steve1002 New Member

The following excerpt is from opencarry.org:

Oregon is a traditional open carry state. However, their preemption statute only covers concealed handgun license holders from city or county passed bans against loaded firearms in public places. To our knowledge, only the cities of Portland, Beaverton, Tigard, Oregon City, Salem, and Independence have passed loaded firearms bans encompassing all public places, and other cities have passed bans specific to Parks. Also, all "public buildings" are also off limits throughout the entire state unless you have a concealed handgun license.

Also from the Oregon Constitution:

Article I, Section 27

The people shall have the right to bear arms for the defence of themselves, and the State, but the Military shall be kept in strict subordination to the civil power.

And except for the above mentioned cities you can travel throughout Oregon with a fully handgun in the car as long as it's in plain sight. (Right!) Mine's always close to being in plain sight.
  10. timemachinist2009

timemachinist2009 New Member

Wisconsin is home to strong left leaning tradition the magazine the "progressive" has been spewing out of madison for 100 years
  11. lentz

lentz Former Guest

New Hampshire has prison time if caught with weapon.
    I ThINK I'm right