1. Get Gear'd Up! Enter to WIN $1000 in gear!

Please Click Here for full details and to enter. You will need to be registered and logged in to view the details and to participate.

Thanks and good luck to everyone

What target scope for a 22?

Discussion in '.22-Rimfire Forum' started by thomasray, Sep 27, 2007.

1. thomasray

thomasray Member

I have a Marlin 25, a TC Classic auto and a Marlin 22 mag bullbarrel 982.

Low mounts interfer with the bolt action.

What target scope would benefit my 22 mag? thanks.
  2. BlkHawk73

BlkHawk73 New Member

I'm just guessing a real match grade target scope isn't what you're likely to set atop your malin so I won't head that route. What's your budget? I've used Simmons and been happy on basic plinkers and informal target rifles but go to Burris for the better quality and higher grade .22 rimfire rifles I shoot.
    Just match the objective height to the mount and rings and you shouldn't have any interferance.
  3. 300 H&H

300 H&H Active Member

Ditto's on the Burris. They have a "compact" line of scopes that includes a very fine fixed 6X target scope with adjustable objective (parralax correction) very fine cross hairs and 1/8min. click target knobs. A little over $250 but alot of scope, for the money IMHO. It is called the hunter benchrest for a type of competition that does not allow more than 6X. They perform like they have more. 6X is a great power all around for either rimfire, mag. or lr. I have one on a CZ 452 and will probably never take it off!
    Best Reguards, Kirk
  4. thomasray

thomasray Member

Bushnell Elite 3200 10x40 Matte Finish w/Rainguard - Mil Dot Reticle

:)
  5. torpedoman

torpedoman New Member

mine is wearing a simmons praire master from nachez shooters supply and its a great set up. nice clear optics it tracks well and the ao is a great aid when target shooting. and its cheap.
  6. thomasray

thomasray Member

:):):)I went to Natchz and could not find the Simmons you sugestd. I did find a Weaver T Series 10x fixed power with xhairs and a 1/8" moa dot for 229$. I think these are now discontinued. Just what I want and I got it at a super price. This set up on a 22 mag with bull barl is for shooting rats at the dump. Thanks for the nod.:):):)
  7. thomasray

thomasray Member

By the way. I went to Fleet ASW School in SanDiege in fall class of 1966. I was on a destryer DD-499 on 1 West Pac to Tonkin Gulf and rest of time at Pearl Harbor. Worked on Mark 44 and 37 fish.:)
  8. skeeter1

skeeter1 New Member

I'm probably showing my age here, but I always thought a 4x scope was plenty for a .22. Now I see that many target shooters are looking for more magnification than that.

A good nut not overly expensive 3-9x-by-40 scope might be best. Burris, BSA, Tasco come to mind as being OK. For a little better, I'd go with a Nikon. I've got the Tasco on my Marlin 1894C, and I have no complaints about it, and I can't recall what I paid for it, but it wasn't very expensive. "Pronghorn" series, IIRC. If it can handle a .357 Magnum, it should work on any .22. Worth looking into.