What the heck is going on with the primer supply?

Discussion in 'The Ammo & Reloading Forum' started by stev32k, Nov 13, 2012.

1. RAJBCPA

RAJBCPA Member

What primer supply?

In my area, I have not been able to buy SPP at any LGS for at least 4 months. ..before that, the price was $37 per 1K and that was limited to Federal only.

I bought some at Powder Valley a few weeks ago and paid a Haz Mat fee but was not able to get CCI primers. ...apparently, sometimes PV has them and sometimes they don't. Even getting the powder you want is hit or miss these days....

Why? Obama was re-elected and he is itching to limit large semi-auto magazines, so-called assault rifles, internet purchases of ammo, private guns sales without background checks, etc.

Have you tried to buy magazines lately?
  2. howlnmad

howlnmad Well-Known Member

I was in Cabelas in Michigan 2 weeks ago and they were packed with primers and powder. I mean they no longer kept them in cabinets but had an entire isle full, one side powders and the other side primers. I'll be up there again on Monday, I'll have to stop in and see what's left.

And LD could not have said it any better.
  3. soundguy

soundguy Well-Known Member

post back!
  4. graehaven

graehaven Well-Known Member

Guns, ammo, water, food, barter items and silver.

Better stock up. Gonna get bad.
  5. bluesea112

bluesea112 Active Member

Whew! I'm glad I saw this one coming around again. My girlfriend thought I was crazy when she saw the amount of money i spent on primers and powder a few months ago. My grandkids will probably never have to buy primers in their lifetime....lol
  6. soundguy

i like the way you think!
  7. starman

starman New Member

We still have stock here local for me, I don't need more but I'm heading out right now to grab some while I can. Here we go again Obama is great for guns and ammo sells, but now that he has another 4 years we better get ready.
    I noticed 22 rim fire ammo at walmart that I was buying a year ago for $12 to $13 for the 550 pack is now $20.00 Good thing I'm stocked on them. I dread what's coming down the pike the next few years not just with our hobby but the survival of the American way of life.
  8. soundguy

yup.. 22lr went up here too.

I like haveing a few bricks of that.

lets face it.. if the SHT for real.. large guns are nice.. but day in and day out.. hunting small game.. etc.. hard to beat a 22lr.

easy to carry ammo.. and you can store 10k rounds in a 2g tupperware container. looking at long term.. say.. 10-15ys after loss of society.. 22lr might be the last common ammo past muzzle loaders. just because you COULD have 100K rounds stored up, and only be in it for a paycheck..e tc.. etc.. lifetime supply if you rationed it..
  9. Texxut

Texxut Member

Went to a local gun shop today. They had plenty of primers, $32.00 /1000 and plenty of powder, $25.00/lb. Federal 525count bulk pak of 22lr was $20.00. Gun counter was doing a great business.
  10. cpttango30

cpttango30 Guest

This is why I have 20k primers in my ammo cabinet.
  11. dbach

dbach Member

Lets blame Obama. Don't blame me for his second term.
  12. BlackEagle

BlackEagle Well-Known Member Supporting Member

Can't get 69 grain .223 SMK over here anywhere. One dealer told me the US is making life difficult because the UK's lax immigration laws are giving too many terrorists assylum in this country.

If that's the case, the US doesn't consider the strict vetting anyone who gets a firearms certificate has to go through. The police should be able to sus out anyone who has terrorist leanings in the interview prior to giving out the FAC, and they would never legally get close to a gun.
  13. Kevin Rohrer

Kevin Rohrer Member

That sounds like internet rumor. Obummer is allowing a lot more terrorists to enter this country through our unprotected borders than your Leftist government could ever imagine.
  14. Kevin Rohrer

Kevin Rohrer Member

The sudden unavailability of primers is the typical hoarding that goes on whenever a Dem president is elected.

I can find plenty of primers in my area, because I know where to look. Some research on your part should do the same for you.
  15. The Joker

The Joker Member

Yea well only one gun store in my area sells or ever carried primers. Their normal price has always been $48 for 1,000 small pistol primer plus tax. $52 **** that I do not support that store anymore. I am scared to even see what they sell it for now.