What the heck's a Vulcan?...

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Smokin Guns, Mar 13, 2004.

1. Smokin Guns

Smokin Guns New Member

Went down 'bama way...and run across this thong wearin' fella perched up on a tower...Was the fella some kind'a "Greek God"...?...or just liked showin' off his cheeks?...:confused:

Attached Files:

2. Remington597

Remington597 Former Guest

God of Sulphur, Strength, Metalworks,anvil,weapons shaping etc,etc.
    This is part and parcel of the Greco Roman Pantheon of Polytheistic deities. Fascinating stuff historically, but ultimatly herecy.
    Last edited: Mar 13, 2004
  3. Smokin Guns

Smokin Guns New Member

Thanks Rem! Looked like the feller had some "Cottage Cheese" go'in on too!...;)

Attached Files:

4. glocknut

glocknut New Member

Cottage cheese?

That one went over the top of my head......

I don't get it?

mike
  5. Smokin Guns

Smokin Guns New Member

It bee's lookin' like his cheeks, is startin' ta curdle like "Cottage Cheese"...Dang!...reckon i'm gunna have to 'splain everthin'...;)
  6. Hydra Shok

Hydra Shok New Member

Birmingham used to be a big iron, steel town. I lived there a looong time ago for a little while. Saw Vulcan all the time. They just refurbished him finishing maybe a year ago. Spent like 10 or 15 million doing it too.
  7. merc

merc New Member

How come they let this dude hang around when the kids can't pray in school or pledge alliegience to the flag or stuff like that?
    Was there not so0me big howy do somewhere down nsouth when a judge purchased and put a statue in the courthouse lobby?
    Where the heck are we going??
    I think the values are getting a tad mixed up.'
  8. Brob73

Brob73 New Member

I thought a Vulcan was a big a$$ multi-barrel'd gun mounted on miltary copters.
  9. JohnnyRobotic

JohnnyRobotic New Member

hmm usually metal workers wear like heavy leather over the normal clothes they wear . . .maybe not cottage cheese on his arse but lots and lots of scars from molten metal damage

And isn't Spock a Vulcan?
  10. Marlin

Marlin *TFF Admin Staff Chief Counselor*

When I moved to Alabama in the early sixties, the old steel furnaces, open hearth type, were still running full tilt and the pollution was horrendous. During the summer months, especially, downtown Birmingham was a breathing death trap with an average of 40-50 people dying of asphyxiation during the months of June through August. There were days on end with 100% humidity and visibility no better than a thick New England fog. I went to the hospital several times, myself, with breathing problems, more than likely a precursor of my present condition.

You could never see the sun and if you did, it was bright red, not yellow or orange. Once the furnaces closed down by government order the air quality became some of the best in the country but the area was severely depressed for years until other industry replaced the steel industry, which had made Birmingham what it is today. The whole mountain surrounding Birmingham is one big lode of Iron Ore, hence the reason for the statute of Vulcan, the God of Iron in the Roman vernacular. That's also why it's called, "Red Mountain!" It is as much an icon to Alabama as the Statute in New York is to those folks, aside from the immigrant (legitimate) influence having spotted it as one of the first things seen in the New World.

Sorry for the history lesson but there was a reason that Vulcan was worth millions to the public to refurbish and save.
    Last edited: Mar 14, 2004
  11. Hydra Shok

Hydra Shok New Member

The Vulcan has nothing to do with religon. It just stands for the fact that Birmingham used to be a big steel producing region.
  12. gpostal

gpostal Former Guest

a vulcan ,is a person from vulcan ,like spock ,or tuvoc

ever see a three hundred pound woman in tight spandex ???
    her butt looks like 80pounds of chewed bubble gum ?

thats what it means
  13. JohnnyRobotic

JohnnyRobotic New Member

DEAR GOD gp, now i need to find a place that sells brain soap to wash tha image out

my morning could have happened without that image in my brain
  14. Sackett

Sackett New Member

Aww cmon guys. Vulcans are sposed to be real good at helpin out Star Fleet Command.
    You always need one of those guys around to help with info and advice. You know what I mean, there will be some kind of strange or squirrely situation and nobody knows what to do until the Vulcan comes up with some trivial input that normal folks don't keep in their heads.
    I'm convinced that Vulcans would be good on Jeopardy. Its a well known fact that Alex Trebek is one. I mean look at how he knows all that stuff and puts people down for their ignorance.
    Of course he had to get his ears docked just so he could do the show.
    I think Canada has a lot of Vulcans.

Then again, I could be wrong.
  15. Marlin

Marlin *TFF Admin Staff Chief Counselor*

I'd better not touch that one with a fifty foot pole, Sackett!!

I'd be afraid to on a SUNDAY!
  16. gpostal

gpostal Former Guest

that is illogical thinking
  17. Remington597

Remington597 Former Guest

Live long and prosper. \\//
  18. BlueTic

BlueTic New Member

Don't get me started - Mrs.Blue is a "treky" - and I am not allowed to denigrate the shows:p :p
    I have known about the welders God for a few years - Vulcan- but have never seen the statue. I know of NO welders going around with no drawers/pants - some froo-froo had to have made a statue with no drawers for a welder. I'm still waiting for the asprine and coffee to kick in before I get any visuals "cottage cheese":D :eek:
  19. glocknut

glocknut New Member

:eek:

I don't know............

I find the thought strangely arrousing......... :D :p :p

mike
    Last edited: Mar 14, 2004
  20. gpostal

gpostal Former Guest

just for you glocknut

[​IMG]