What this election is about.

Discussion in 'The Fire For Effect and Totally Politically Incorr' started by 45silverback, Oct 5, 2012.

1. 45silverback

45silverback New Member

I ask once again.... The alternative?
  2. Caneman

Caneman Active Member

3. 45Auto

45Auto Active Member

There is an invitation from my friends to come see the Republican "RESTORE AMERICA" bus as it tours my area.

I am troubled by this.

If the GOP wants to "Restore America" to what it was in 2008, after 8 years of the last Republican President, G.Bush II, then we are all in BIG TROUBLE! On the other hand, if the GOP wants to "Restore America" to what it was before the last Republican President took office then that's more like it...... oh yea, that was Bill Clinton's presidency......
  4. graehaven

graehaven Well-Known Member

I cannot answer that for you. The answer is simple, but requires a commitment to principle, not to empty rhetoric.

There is an alternative, but few will exercise it.
  5. markfh

markfh New Member

Oh yea, that was when the REPUBLICANs controlled congress and billy boy was selfish (smart) enough to go along with Newt and the republicans as he could then claim it was he that had the good ideas like welfare reform and a budget surplus (of course after you leave a sh1t load of items off budget to make it seem there was a surplus). You going to praise billy boy for that or are you going to recognize that Newt and the republicans did it.
  6. 45Auto

45Auto Active Member

This is a two edged sword; If you claim that Newt and the Republicans were responsible for Bill Clinton's success, then I suppose you are also going to recognize that George Bush II and the Republicans were at fault for the expensive blunders in Iraq and the great crash of 2007?
  7. 45silverback

45silverback New Member

I'm talking about an alternative that actually stands a chance in Nov. Not throwing away a vote.
  8. markfh

markfh New Member

You can say what you want about Iraq and I won't try to second guess those that were in charge at the time. Having been in a position to watch the 73 A/I war progress I know there's more to these things than you or I as civilians can be aware of.

I won't at all put the blame on Bush for the crash. That goes to the demonrats and their forcing banks and mortgage companies to make loans to people that couldn't afford it. Not to say the republicans are blameless but Bush tried on at least two occasions to get that whole home mortgage mess under control and was rebuffed by the demonrats.
  9. graehaven

graehaven Well-Known Member

Voting FOR something/someone is not throwing one's vote away. It is one of the principles of freedom this country was founded upon.

Presuming that someone should vote as you do, or else they are "throwing their vote away" is a logical fallacy.
  10. cycloneman

cycloneman Well-Known Member

Attached Files:

11. steve4102

steve4102 Former Guest

Nope, voting for a third party candidate that cannot win is throwing your vote away. Especially in this election. There are two candidates in 2012, Obama and Romney. Pick one or throw your vote in the trash.

You are either, part of the problem or part of the solution. Obama is the problem, a third party looser is not part of the solution.
  12. markfh

markfh New Member

+1
  13. CampingJosh

CampingJosh Well-Known Member

14. 45Auto

45Auto Active Member

What? banks forced to make bad loans? Not on this planet. But then, if you are calling Democrates "demonrats" I would not expect objective fact checking. :rolleyes:
  15. steve4102

steve4102 Former Guest

Yes, banks were and are forced to give loans to "poverty" level home buyers knowing they cannot be paid back. Look it up, start with Janet Reno.