What ticks me off about anti-gunners

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by hkruss, Sep 13, 2008.

1. hkruss

hkruss Active Member

I would like to hear what ticks you off about AG's.
    Here are some things that REALLY piss me off. First and foremost is the general lack of knowledge about guns. If you are going to debate the issue of gun control, at least know what you are talking about! Examples; don't refer to clip fed guns as "automatic" pistols or rifles if they are truly semi-auto weapons. Learn the difference! (scare tactic). Next, quit using the terms 'black' or 'assault' rifle. These terms are used to frighten the un-educated.(scare tactic). Next, explain to me how having a handle or flash suppressor makes a gun more lethal.(scare tactic). Next, don't tell me an "assault rifle" has no purpose other than to kill people. I use mine because I love target shooting and I can shoot my AR a lot cheaper per round than the average deer rifle. Last time I checked, I have not killed anyone with it. Know why? Because I (and the vast majority of "assault rifle" owners) follow the law! (Scare tactic).Finally, here is my favorite. I guess you think that banning guns will solve gun crimes because we All know that the bad guys are also going to turn in their guns along with us law-abiding folks!(Dumb-ass tactic). You go ahead and depend on 911 to protect your family, I will depend on Mr. Glock or Mr. Colt and hopefully a steady hand to defend myself!
    I know I'm preaching to the choir, but I had to get this off my chest and I know you guys would understand!
  2. ponycar17

ponycar17 Active Member

Hey, I'm with you hkruss... I get irritated as well when people do not understand guns or the statistics derived from actual gun crimes but they're totally anti-gun. For this reason, I carry around on my PDA several .PDF books that I read when I get the chance concerning 2nd Amendment rights and statistics. I have come down like a brick sledgehammer on many anti-gunners so badly that they leave the room because of statistics retained from regularly reading these resources. I don't get angry at them but I have so many statistics to cite that they get embarrassed...

I suggest reading the following free downloads...

http://www.gunfacts.info/

http://www.justfacts.com/guncontrol.asp

http://www.pulpless.com/gunclock/stop0584.pdf

Stop them in their tracks and embarrass the hell out of them... If they're open to learning, educate them by all means!... :D
    Last edited: Sep 13, 2008
  3. ponycar17

ponycar17 Active Member

Double post, sorry...
    Last edited: Sep 13, 2008
  4. pinecone70

pinecone70 Active Member

I hate it when people tell me they're afraid of guns. May as well be afraid of the toaster.
  5. hkruss

hkruss Active Member

I should have also asked Swanshot for feedback on how the gun ban in Australia is working. How does the average Aussie feel about it? Has the gun crime rate been reduced? I know you are "one of ours", so if you read this, give us your take.