What to get?

Discussion in 'Large-Bore/Small-Bore Rifle/Shotgun' started by potato_sniper, Jun 12, 2003.

1. swartzdk

swartzdk New Member

M44 fireball

Not only is the fireball a most satifying event but if you happen to be at the range with new shooters the sound, the fireball, the extended bayonet and a strange look in your eye will get you alot of attention. Pulling the new guys chain is good sport.
  2. potato_sniper

potato_sniper New Member

.75 MOA for under $400?

Hey project90,
    What was that .223 you were talking about? I think I'll just go for the mosin right now, but I might look into it later. I was thinking it would be nice to be able to hunt with this rifle if I wanted to, so a .223 would be slightly on the small side. But, I'm still very interested in maybe getting into some competition shooting later on. I know, .75moa is a little on the large side for serious competition, but it's way better than I can shoot right now. Plus, it would be nice to have a super accurate rifle without much recoil. That way, I couldn't blame the wondering shots on the gun or the recoil. Did the gun break open in the middle or was it a single shot bolt action?

Thanks.
  3. FN_Project90

FN_Project90 New Member

May 2003 Guns & Ammo

H&R Ultra Varmit $254.95, $299.99 w/Cabella's 3-9x outfitter
    avail. in .223 and .243. Its a single shot break open. 24 inch heavy contour barrel, overall length 40 inches approx 7.5 lbs, blue barrel, case-hardened reciever. This gun is described as one of the best deals "a lot of gun for a little money." Groupings are impressive at 200 yards and awesome at 100 yards not would you would expect for this price. This is the one I mentioned in particular

Winchester Model 70 Coyote. Bolt action, 22-250, .223, and .243. 24 inch medium heavy barrel, overall 44inches, no sights, but drilled and tapped for scope mounts, 9 pounds stainless barrel, matte blue reciever $705. @ 300 yards this was 2 1/2 inch groups.

CZ Model 527 Varmit. Bolt. .223, 24 inch barrel (heavy), total length 43 inches, weight about 8 lbs. $776. Sub MOA gun @ 100. @ 200 1 1/2 inches.

PMing you other info
    Last edited: Jun 20, 2003
  4. FN_Project90

FN_Project90 New Member

oh yeah nothin' wrong with the mosin, I was thinking of getting a similar gun.