what type of chair do y'all have?

Discussion in 'Disabled Hunters & Shooters Forum' started by WheelinHunter4570, Jul 2, 2010.

1. WheelinHunter4570

WheelinHunter4570 New Member

Hello everybody,

What type of chair do you all use to hunt with? I used to have an omega-trac but that broke down on me and it was too expensive for me to fix so I got a quantum 600. Granted it will not do half of what the omega trac can do so I had a deck built on my house for my dear stand. Here is a picture from the deck back in February when we got a lot of snow. You can see my feeder it's about a 100 yard shot.

[​IMG]
  2. Old Grump

Old Grump New Member

Little hut in the woods near Blue River Wisconsin
    Nice set up, I'm not overly fond of winter but that is when the hunting is, sigh.

I think you would like my porch too. A ramp from the porch deck right to the car and is 12" above ground level, 4' deep and covered. Shooting bench on the porch faces west to my short range with targets at 8, 15, 25, 30 and 33 yards. Good for sighting in, handguns and air rifle. I use a Kawasaki Mule to get out back where I have an old easy chair sitting in my blind facing the DNR land, its big enough a chair could slip right on in to the shooting window. Back there my targets range from 17 yards to 100 yards at oddball distances and angles to make me shoot from different angles. Keeps me from getting in a rut.

No chair yet but its coming unless a miracle happens and I already built for the eventuality.
  3. dianalv

dianalv New Member

Nice picture! And nice set up. I'm still mobile, so no chair yet for me either. Hope it's a long time in coming.
  4. RickN

RickN New Member

I am not in a chair yet but possibly headed for one because of Diabetes. If I do, I want an H-frame Bounder. Up to around 12mph and can pop a wheelie with a 300 lbs man in it. :D
  5. carver

carver Moderator

DAV, Deep in the Pineywoods of East Texas, just we
    I don't use a chair, but I do use this: A simple 5 gallon bucket with a swivil seat. It's insulated so you can store food, and drinks inside.

Attached Files:

6. WheelinHunter4570

hello carver are those Grim Reaper grips on that 1911? If so I have a 45 that is identical to it.
  7. WheelinHunter4570

8. WheelinHunter4570

I can't be the only quad in here! Are there any other quads out there?
  9. WildBill69

WildBill69 New Member

I use a Invacare Torque rearwheel drive with the tire upgrade, wider knobby tires. Plenty powerful. But if these knobby tires start spinning you get stuck fast.

Bill
  10. steve666

steve666 New Member

In the field:[​IMG]
    In camp we've got one of these on a 5 gallon bucket: [​IMG]
  11. carver

carver Moderator

DAV, Deep in the Pineywoods of East Texas, just we
    No, mine are just plain plastic imatation Mother of Pearl.
  12. LonglineCharlie

LonglineCharlie New Member

Do you have a handicapped hunting permit. you can hunt from a motorized vehicle. you could hunt from a 4 atv or 3 wheel or golf cart. I have a golf cart and it has a top on it. I put a bar across the two front supports for the roof and I put pipe insulation with a hole in it so the bar slides through it and gives me a quiet forearm aiming device. I can also lay a board on to of the back and on the board and use it like bench rest. Its rather hard to get a fast shot off unless you can see a deer coming from a distance. I usually set myself up downwind of the animal and I camoflauge the cart with a real tree ten foot square to hang down from the top to cover the front. They cannot see you period as long as you don't move. You also have a way to drag it out of the woods with your golf cart if it has cleated tires. The smooth ones are junk. Wet grass will stop you trying to pull something.
  13. Horse Marine

Horse Marine New Member

I have just a standard manual called a Quikie. Its a light weight take down . I can do crutches if I have to for about 10 yards. Very limited on stairs about 6 or 7 and only if there is a handrail and wall.I have to have my oxygen cranked up to 10 or 15 liter flow then from my normal 4-6liter flow. I turn 52 the end of the month
  14. jack404

jack404 Former Guest

this is a friends outdoor chair before we started on it , i'll get a pic of it in a week or so when we have the rifle mount fitted and the trigger solenoid sorted ( its just a motion amplifier with pneumatic release ) but i'm yet to sort out exactly how, but that'll be easy once we have the mount on and i can see what needs to be done ...

Attached Files: