What type of holster do you like for the backwoods?

Discussion in 'Centerfire Pistols & Revolvers' started by jmohler, May 1, 2008.

1. jmohler

jmohler New Member

The recent thread on what to carry in the back woods started me thinking: how do you carry your pistol in the woods/hiking?

Personally, I prefer flap holsters because of the extra protection from the elements they give, but I only have a flap holster for my 1911. More often than not, I use a MOLLE universal holster for my S&W 586 (my usual carry) because it mounts easily to my day pack, although I do have a nice pancake I can use, too.

What about the rest of you?
  2. Mosin_Nagant_Fan

Mosin_Nagant_Fan Active Member

I use whatever I have. My FEG AP9 is in a Fobus holster or a modified Uncle Mike inside the pants holster.
  3. Rommelvon

Rommelvon New Member

I use a special operations holster, keeps dust,rain etc off of my weapon and magazines

Attached Files:

4. BlkHawk73

BlkHawk73 New Member

I like clean and practical holsters. Just about all mine are by Mitch Rosen. For general wood use, I use his "Sport" model to carry one of my Blackhawks in.