What U.N. Firearm Marking Means for You

Discussion in 'The Constitutional & RKBA Forum' started by grcsat, Dec 28, 2016.

1. grcsat

grcsat Well-Known Member

Oct 2, 2010
    far,far,North
  2. flintlock

flintlock Well-Known Member Supporting Member

Aug 14, 2007
    Upstate NY
    At least until January 20, 2017! But, the Congress has so far declined to ratify the arms treaty so much desired by the Usless Nations and our idiot president and his cronies, and they're not about to do so now.

3. dbcooper

dbcooper Well-Known Member

won't happen here, the momentum here is anti gov and freedom, it will last many years
    Trump will place good judges on every court he can which will have effects fo years
    Who knows, maybe even Ginsburg will have to retire to the nursing home while he is in and give us another appointment

now, two or three elections away, if they can nullify the 2nd Amendment, I can't say, except that it will be fought unlike anything you've seen before

4. grcsat

grcsat Well-Known Member

Oct 2, 2010
    far,far,North
    Its just another front that has to be watched.
    They did it so quietly here that no one even really noticed.

Nothing like a bunch of p$$ poor banana republics telling the rest of the world to do because they have the popular vote even though they never pay their fair share of the costs involved.

BlackEagle likes this.
  5. Alpo

Alpo Well-Known Member

Feb 3, 2007
    NW Florida
    I'm puzzled.

Every single firearm made in this country is permanently marked with the maker's name and a serial number.

Every one.

Every single firearm imported into this country is similarly marked with the importer's name, and often a new serial number.

Every one.

Yet, somehow, a $150 Hi Point still costs $150. Not $350.

Amazing, isnt it.

We are already doing that BS, and it has not added an extra two hundred bucks to the cost.

Another case of THE SKY IS FALLING?

firefighter1635 and BlackEagle like this.
  6. grcsat

grcsat Well-Known Member

Oct 2, 2010
    far,far,North
    You never read it carefully. ----DATE import stamps

BlackEagle likes this.
  7. Alpo

Alpo Well-Known Member

Feb 3, 2007
    NW Florida
    So along with CAI, GEORGIA VT 12345 they have to add 6/17?

I still don't see the big whoop.

firefighter1635 likes this.
  8. Twicepop

Twicepop Well-Known Member

Jan 9, 2012
    NW Ohio
    I don't see it happening, not until we lose our way again and put up another liberal POS as a Presidential candidate. In Canada you have two things in favor of something like this becoming a reality. #1 there is no Constitutional protection for your firearms. #2 you didn't learn from our mistake, you put another Trudeau into office, this one worse than the first (we screwed up and elected two Bush's, and came close to putting another Clinton in office).

9. grcsat

grcsat Well-Known Member

Oct 2, 2010
    far,far,North
    Because they now have to have a second set of records......it's now registered with the Gov.

10. CCHolderinMaine

CCHolderinMaine Well-Known Member

Mar 21, 2012
    Steep Falls, Maine
    It would be a PIA though.
    Now, the gun rolls off the production line with ID info being just another step in the chain. Change it to a date has to be added at some later time and now you have to uncrate them, unpackage them, stamp/machine a date on and repack and recrate. Not a gigantic issue, but an issue nonetheless.
    The bigger issue in my mind is the slippery slope. Let this go because it's not too big of an interference, what's next?

BlackEagle and grcsat like this.
  11. grcsat

grcsat Well-Known Member

Oct 2, 2010
    far,far,North
    The thing is they have to be stamped within 60 days of sale. That means it cannot be dated until sold . Basicly they have to be stamped one at a time instead of by the crate.

CCHolderinMaine likes this.
  12. ral357

ral357 Well-Known Member

Jan 24, 2015
    Looks like a shakedown from a international criminal organization to me.

13. firefighter1635

firefighter1635 Well-Known Member

Jan 4, 2012
    FEMA Region V
    Wether the US is a member of the UN is of no consequence to me. First, the US should get the H out of the UN, they are of no benifit to this Country. Second, some may be ok with foreign entities telling them what to do with their firearms, I'm not. Nothing the UN says regarding any of my God given rights means anything to me. Heck, for that matter, I'm not ok with my own government trying to tell me what my rights are. The UN and/or the government didn't grant me my rights so they can pound sand.

Twicepop likes this.
  14. Rick Strahs

Rick Strahs New Member

Dec 28, 2016
    The only thing I want my government telling me is that we as a nation are going to follow the US Constitution and all other governments to get out of the way!

Gun Geezer, Kweeksdraw and ral357 like this.
  15. Kweeksdraw

Kweeksdraw Well-Known Member

Nov 29, 2016
    Texas
    What U.N. Firearm Marking Means for You

It means the USA should resign from the UN. And not allow it to operate in our country

ral357 and Gun Geezer like this.